Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Ceremony Time Change

Manzelle
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ceremony Time Change

I am doing a wedding in a few weeks and the signed contract says the ceremony starts at 3:00, cocktails at 4:00. They paid for 5 hours of coverage but now want to add an additional hour, no problem there. However, in the same e-mail the times have now been moved up an hour; ceremony at 4:00, cocktails at 5:00. Should I even mention the time changes or leave it alone and quote the price for the extra hour?

I now offer full-day coverage with all packages but this was prior to that change in my pricing.

Aug 10, 2012 at 02:53 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ceremony Time Change

Since it's in a few weeks and you've got time, I'd have them resign the contract, either on paper or electronically. They're going from wanting you from 3 to 8 to wanting you from 4 to 10 and the payment amount is changing, so I'd want things to be official. I'd be happy with email confirmation if it were just a time change, but because you're going to be getting extra $$$, I'd like that bit clarified, so they don't come back in the worst case scenario and say you showed up an hour late from the agreed upon time and then overcharged them.

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:00 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ceremony Time Change

Just charge them for the difference now, and you're all set. Pretty easy.

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ceremony Time Change

Because we only shoot one wedding a day it wouldn't matter to us. Times can change so we go with whatever the time is even when it change. Our way of doing things is pretty much blocking the entire day (for the most part). A change from one hour prior or later shouldn't be huge especially given that it's several weeks a way.

However, everyone's life situation is different. Some have kids and need to hire a sitter. Some have a primary job and need to work around that schedule. Etc.

The time change could also be a typo.....so yeah, mention it.

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:08 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ceremony Time Change

Just charge them separately for the extra hour of coverage. No need to change anything in the contract .....it's all relative.

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:40 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ceremony Time Change

Sounds to me like they're just sliding everything an hour. Confirm the start and end times adjust as well and be done. If they do not, and you charge by the hour, then tell them the cost of the additional hour. Most likely, they will have you leave an hour earlier.

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:47 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password