New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

grog13
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

Do they exist? All I can find are 1.2v. I've got some Cactus V radio triggers, and once the alkalines that came with them burned out, popped in my rechargeables. No dice, won't fire. Am I stuck using alkalines?

Aug 10, 2012 at 09:32 AM
stratoknight

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

Look up the rechargeable alkaline from... I think it is called iGo. They are 1.5v but don't quite have the longevity (# of charges) and require the iGo charger. Fortunately the charger will charge Nimhs just fine.

For use in a trigger, I think these would be perfect.

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM
grog13
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

Thanks for that. But I've discovered that apparently one of my Nimh cells was bad. Charger indicated it was fully charged, but popped it in a flashlight and it glowed dimly for about 5 seconds, then went out. Recharged it and it did the same thing. Replaced it with a cell that obviously had juice and they now fire the triggers.

Aug 10, 2012 at 01:14 PM
Strobo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

If you ever need to buy more rechargeable AAAs have a look at Eneloops. They're about 1.35v-1.4v, vs the 1.2v of nimh.

Aug 10, 2012 at 01:32 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

no, not really. the physics of NiMh are what they are and you're going to get a nominal 1.2 out of them after the initial droop. That said, Eneloops *are* the best

http://www.eneloop.info/fileadmin/EDITORS/ENELOOP/DATA_SHEETS/HR-3UTGA_data_sheet.pdf

Aug 11, 2012 at 04:51 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1.5v rechargeable AAAs

Strobo wrote:
If you ever need to buy more rechargeable AAAs have a look at Eneloops. They're about 1.35v-1.4v, vs the 1.2v of nimh.

Eneloops are Nickel-Metal Hydride batteries.

Aug 12, 2012 at 06:44 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.