1       2       3              16      
       18              60       61       end

Sony RX100 Picture Thread

VladiD
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.17 #1 · p.17 #1 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

Vern Dewit wrote:
Nice photos everyone! This little camera gives me fits. It's already resulted in my selling off my NEX system and I'm left with FF (a99) and this little sucker. It's so good and so perfectly suits my needs for skiing and climbing I really don't know how they'll top it. Maybe a bit wider and more zoom? Anyway, here's a shot from a back country ski trip last weekend.

Bloody brilliant pano, Vern.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Dergiman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.17 #2 · p.17 #2 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

From Barcelona:

Feb 26, 2013 at 07:19 AM
RickPerry
• • •
p.17 #3 · p.17 #3 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

Vern Dewit wrote:
Nice photos everyone! This little camera gives me fits. It's already resulted in my selling off my NEX system and I'm left with FF (a99) and this little sucker. It's so good and so perfectly suits my needs for skiing and climbing I really don't know how they'll top it. Maybe a bit wider and more zoom? Anyway, here's a shot from a back country ski trip last weekend.

I agree Vern - I have sold off all my mirrorless equipment except the RX100. It really covers most situations - I too will be left with a one rather large DSLR system (Sony A900 plus ZA lenses) and this wonderfully tiny RX100 - it is really all I need. I took them both on a trip to Puerto Rico this month - always had the RX on the belt and brought out the A900 when I was in the mood. A great combination.

Even the Paint option is fun!

Not to mention a decent pano mode.

Feb 27, 2013 at 09:21 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.17 #4 · p.17 #4 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

I think I will buy this camera as a take everywhere unit. Nice images here folks.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Sgt93
• • •
p.17 #5 · p.17 #5 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

Yup, I think this is my next camera. Great photos all.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:18 AM
michael49
• • • • •
p.17 #6 · p.17 #6 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

davidbogdan wrote:
January thaw, Hocking Hills

Awesome. Love the dark mood here.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:31 AM
davidbogdan
• •
p.17 #7 · p.17 #7 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

Thanks Michael49! Here is one from a frosty yesterday morning.

I recently sold my A900 followed by the sale of an A77. I quite happy with the RX-100 while I exercise the 612 and the 4x5. In fact I do a pre-shoot right out of my jacket and if I like what I see .....

db
davidbogdan.com

Edited on Mar 05, 2013 at 08:06 AM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:04 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.17 #8 · p.17 #8 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

I just bought one. Came with a decent bundle too. 32gb SD card and an extra battery as well as a case all for $659.00 free shipping, no tax. I don't care too much about the case but at least I can keep it there for storage in the house.

Mar 02, 2013 at 01:27 AM
Jochenb
• • • •
p.17 #9 · p.17 #9 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

From the shadow by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:03 PM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.17 #10 · p.17 #10 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

View… using DR3 and some PP to pull shadows a little.

Mar 04, 2013 at 02:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom K.
• • • • •
p.17 #11 · p.17 #11 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

Just got the RX 100 from FedEx. Here is a quick grab.

I have to find out the best method for focus/recompose.

First impression thus far. Wow. Small but mighty.

Mar 05, 2013 at 01:59 PM
davidbogdan
• •
p.17 #12 · p.17 #12 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

waiting for spring

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:51 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.17 #13 · p.17 #13 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

This camera is ridiculously fun. The ultimate take with you anywhere camera/video recording device that fits in the palm of your hand. It's a blast.

Mar 09, 2013 at 07:51 PM
DavidWEGS
[X]
p.17 #14 · p.17 #14 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

A few from recent days...

Mar 12, 2013 at 05:32 PM
davidbogdan
• •
p.17 #15 · p.17 #15 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

luminous

Mar 12, 2013 at 09:07 PM
RickPerry
• • •
p.17 #16 · p.17 #16 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

There are some really nice photographs here folks. Keep up the good work. The RX100 is with me all the time - I agree with you Tom K - "It's a Blast"

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
ultrapix
• • •
p.17 #17 · p.17 #17 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

I lost my feeling with this camera; I was an early happy owner, and several posts on this thread are from me, but now, who knows why, I use it very little. Maybe I find a little boring those files, or a little too gimmick the menu, who knows? Or perhaps it's just a matter of season, but spring is coming

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.17 #18 · p.17 #18 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

ultrapix wrote:
I lost my feeling with this camera; I was an early happy owner, and several posts on this thread are from me, but now, who knows why, I use it very little. Maybe I find a little boring those files, or a little too gimmick the menu, who knows? Or perhaps it's just a matter of season, but spring is coming

Other shooting for work, I haven't picked up any camera for pleasure shooting in months, including my RX100. However, can't say its the camera's fault because doesn't matter if its a RX1, EM-5, X100, even a new Leica M, they would all sit and be gathering dust. Been spending all my hobby time on vintage guitar equipment and amps right now.

Getting new gear can maybe make you go out and test/shoot for a day or two, but then it just goes right to sitting on the shelf with the rest of the gear if the motivation and enjoyment for shooting isn't there.

Likewise, even if your really into shooting, you'll be out there and doing it regardless of camera, going for walks with an iPhone even.

Gear is really nothing more than a tool in the long run, not a creative or motivational factor

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM
ultrapix
• • •
p.17 #19 · p.17 #19 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

millsart wrote:
Other shooting for work, I haven't picked up any camera for pleasure shooting in months, including my RX100. However, can't say its the camera's fault because doesn't matter if its a RX1, EM-5, X100, even a new Leica M, they would all sit and be gathering dust. Been spending all my hobby time on vintage guitar equipment and amps right now.

Getting new gear can maybe make you go out and test/shoot for a day or two, but then it just goes right to sitting on the shelf with the rest of the gear if the motivation and enjoyment for shooting
...Show more

Thank you, Millsart, but I missed to say that I am deeply enjoying the EM5 every day, I shoot a lot with it, and never get tired. By now, dust is gathered from 5DIII and Leica M8... and of course all the film stuff.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.17 #20 · p.17 #20 · Sony RX100 Picture Thread

ultrapix wrote:

After using my RX100 on and off for several months, my feeling is that I'm happier with close and medium distance shots than with infinity distance type shots. I'm thinking about getting the new Sony 20/2.8 when it comes out in April and putting it on my NEX 5N when I want something really pocketable and may be taking landscape type shots (like when I'm on a bike ride).

I wouldn't give up the RX 100 because I find it's great for videos of my young daughter. I think the greater depth of field from the smaller sensor is a real advantage when shooting videos near max aperture.

Mar 13, 2013 at 04:12 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.