Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Alternative to camera shaped holster?

P7M8

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alternative to camera shaped holster?

I'm in search of a small case/bag that will accommodate a D3 w/ a 17-35 or 24-70 attached. Something to hold the camera when I don't want to have it exposed. I love TT products but don't care for the camera shaped digital holsters (just a personal preference).

It doesn't need to have room for anything else and I'd prefer that it doesn't scream "CAMERA".

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:24 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alternative to camera shaped holster?

If you like Think Tank products, you might take a look at the Urban Disguise 40. It's the smallest of the Urban Disguise shoulder bags that don't look like camera bags. I have one and use it when I don't want to carry much, but it will hold a lot more than it appears from the outside.

Here's a link: http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/urban-disguise-40-v2.aspx

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:51 AM
P7M8

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alternative to camera shaped holster?

Thanks Steve, a little bigger than I want but may be the only option.

Aug 12, 2012 at 07:09 PM
hfgarris
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alternative to camera shaped holster?

You might look around for a Urban Disguise 30 which was recently discontinued. It is 4" less wide than the UD40, height and depth being the same. However, consider that with the narrower zipper opening, inserting the camera body may be more difficult.

For just a camera and one medium zoom I usually grab the Billingham "Digital Hadley" or Domke "F-5XB. You would have to measure your camera/lens to see if those would accomodate it.

I also find the Think Tank "Change Up" to function well as a small shoulder/belt bag for minimal gear.

-howard

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM
pixelrandy
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alternative to camera shaped holster?

The Urban Disguise 30 won't fit the D3. The Urban Disguise 35 V2 has a small footprint, though it may be taller than what you're looking for.

I'm trying to think of what else that's in our product line that's sized for the gear you've listed, is small and isn't a holster and I'm can't think of anything off bat.

Hmmmm.

Just let me know if you have any other Think Tank Photo questions, though the folks around here do a great job of answering them before I do!

Cheers,

Randy

Aug 15, 2012 at 06:23 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password