Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Removing default develop presets in LR 4

t4haughton
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Removing default develop presets in LR 4

Finally bit the bullet and upgraded from Lightroom 3 to LR 4. I knew I would the new sliders, but the biggest annoyance is that there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the default LR presets. I managed to do it somehow in version 3, but can't remember how.

After a lot of googling I figured out how to delete the actual presets, but not the folders that they are in so I still have "Lightroom BW Filter Presets" and such. I renamed my presets folders with 1. and 2. to get them to go on top, but I can't get rid of the stupid defaults. Anybody figure this out?

I'm on a Mac with 10.8 and LR 4.1 from the App Store.

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:08 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Removing default develop presets in LR 4

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets/"this is where all your presets are stored"

I think you have to have the "User Presets" folder by default, but you can delete all the others.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:30 PM
nikonftw
• •
p.1 #3 · Removing default develop presets in LR 4

From what I have read it is not possible to just delete the files because they are assembled through the the code, there are no actual files.

My google fu might not also be the best but I spent a solid few hours trying to answer the same question. Hope you get an answer

Aug 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM
amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Removing default develop presets in LR 4

PITA to remove them... and they'll just show back up with an update. Also, you can't get rid of the folders anyway. Just leave 'em alone. I did this once and it was a HUGE waste of time.

Aug 10, 2012 at 01:16 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password