Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

Lexoluck
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

From time to time I've noticed some members have had their Canon 1D Mark III's sent to Canon
for a clean and check and have shown their invoices (on the Buy and Sell board) indicating no fee was charged even though the camera was out of warranty.

However, I recently sent in my ID Mark III requesting a clean and check and shutter count and was
surprised when they quoted me $219.00 for an out of warranty labor charge.
Does anyone know if this is normal?

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:58 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

I have not been charged, but mine goes in with a clean and check voucher.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Lexoluck
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

Hmmm...and how did you come by a voucher?

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:09 PM
jojosung
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

have you considered apply for "gold" level CPS - it's $100 and you get 2 free cleaning, regardless of warranty status.

http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/about_cps/about.shtml

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Lexoluck
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

jojosung wrote:
have you considered apply for "gold" level CPS - it's $100 and you get 2 free cleaning, regardless of warranty status.

http://www.cps.usa.canon.com/about_cps/about.shtml

I've considered it in the past but never got around to it,I guess this is how one gets a voucher.

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:18 PM
rtread
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

I think becoming a CPS member is a great idea! for only $100 a yr for the gold membership you can get your gear cleaned and serviced. Im going to join in a few weeks myself

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

Yeah, the $100 for the gold membership is worth it IMO. Expedited service, free loaner rentals and two free check/cleans. Canon NJ has gone beyond just the check and clean for me in the past... Such as tightening the zoom ring on my 24-105 from creep (which is usually not something they do for a check/clean).

I am renting a 8-15L for my trip next week... All I pay is return shipping. From lensrentals, it would cost me $120 for the same rental period. Already paid for itself!

I need to do the loaner stuff more often though. Its a great way to try stuff you can't normally afford or want to loan. I did a 300 f/2.8 last year and that was quite fun!

I am going to send in my 5D3 and 70-200 II for the free check/cleans in November after most of my fall shooting is done. When I get my two other vouchers at the beginning of the new year I will send in my 24-105L and keep the last one for another time, most likely for the body again in summertime.

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Lexoluck
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon charge for clean and check on 1D MarkIII?

Thanks for all the responses,I guess then I can assume that those posters on the B&S board
that have not had to pay were using their vouchers from CPS.
Perhaps I'll join now,although it won't help me this time as I've already paid the bill for this
clean and check.

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:24 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.