New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Epson 3880 prnting bugs

jpeter
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 3880 prnting bugs

I am using a 3880 on a Vista system and CS3. I previously had an r1800 (no problems of this sort). When I print from cs3, I can get a guaranteed print if I re-boot up the computer and restart the printer at the same time. One or more prints later, I get a partial print, like a 1" strip of printing, located anywhere in the print. I use the USB port to print.

Finally last nigh, I found that Canon DPP works fine. (colors seem different though and I will take any advise offered on printing with DPP, just never needed to use it.)

I have tried:
- download latest driver from Epson, uninstall old drivers, reinstall.
- Bug fix on Epson website for vista users where error checking is turned off for usb.
- All vista and CS3 updates are current.

Has anyone experienced this problem ?
Is there a way to "print to file" in CS3 or similar and send to printer another way ? Other work arounds ?

I know I am living on borrowed time with my old CS3 and Vista, but don't really want to upgrade and spend the money at this time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, JP

Aug 09, 2012 at 10:22 AM
hugowolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 3880 prnting bugs

Sounds like a memory/spooling problem. How much memory do you have? Vista 32 or 64 bit?

When you say the colours are different, are you using the same ICC profile for both prints?

Aug 09, 2012 at 08:35 PM
jpeter
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson 3880 prnting bugs

Hugo, Im using 32bit with 4mb of memory.

Same profile on each, will have to keep testing it out. First prints on DPP yesterday, just glad it works.

jp

Aug 09, 2012 at 08:49 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.