Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · VSCO ver2 Released

I just wanted to say I purchased these just out of curiosity, more than anything. There are some really nice additions in this version. While I have said in the past that I generally do not use the film presets, and that I custom built my own more from the toolbox; I will say there are many really nice additions in this version. I actually look forward to using some of the new film presets for the first time. In the past, I really only used the B&W presets. (still tweaked to my own liking), but I'm really excited about what I saw in the first half dozen clicks. I'm still waiting for the day LR integrates selective grain placement. When it finally comes, this app is really going to shine.

Just my two cents FWIW.

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:38 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #2 · VSCO ver2 Released

What? It is not an upgrade? I have to purchase version 2 again if I have version 1?

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:29 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · VSCO ver2 Released

Half off for ver1 owners. (for two weeks) Sign into your account to see the discount.

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:32 PM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #4 · VSCO ver2 Released

Thanks for sharing didnt see that from VSCO email updates.

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:32 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #5 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:
Half off for ver1 owners. (for two weeks) Sign into your account to see the discount.

Thanks! What if you are still running LR3?

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:43 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:

Robin Usagani wrote:
Thanks! What if you are still running LR3?

No luck. LR4/ACR7 only.

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:17 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · VSCO ver2 Released

mjoshi wrote:
Thanks for sharing didnt see that from VSCO email updates.

FB & Journal only so far.

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:17 PM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #8 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:
There are some really nice additions in this version.

Do they look like film this time or still not there yet?

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:19 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #9 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:
No luck. LR4/ACR7 only.

I'm still running Lr3 and when I logged into my account I see a free update to V1 and 1/2 off for V2.

-Jayson

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:28 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:
There are some really nice additions in this version.

D. Diggler wrote:
Do they look like film this time or still not there yet?

Until LR makes the change I mentioned in grain control, I don't think anyone will actually hit the true film look. However, from a color profile standpoint, I think many of the newly added presets are very close to the originals that I did use back in the day. (that's a very limited few though) I still lessen the grain in my tweaks. Sometimes, I use only the calibration profile. My first impression was that the colors on the new presets really stood out from the past collection. There are some really nice B&W presets as well.

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:

HubbardJA wrote:
I'm still running Lr3 and when I logged into my account I see a free update to V1 and 1/2 off for V2.

Still means you can buy it... you just can't use it. You may want to take advantage of the discount, if you plan to upgrade to LR4 at some point.

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:41 PM
ryan21
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · VSCO ver2 Released

They just told me (via Twitter) that there is an Aperture 3 version in the works and that they will offer the same discount when they make it available. Just for you Aperture users out there.

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:42 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #13 · VSCO ver2 Released

amonline wrote:
Still means you can buy it... you just can't use it. You may want to take advantage of the discount, if you plan to upgrade to LR4 at some point.

I'm will. I just got an email announcing V2; it's interesting to note that V2 is "NOT" an update to V2, just a different set of films.

-Jayson

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:44 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · VSCO ver2 Released

Yea, just got the email myself.

Here's what it says for others reading...

VSCO Film 02 delivers forty-four new film looks with epic results.

This is NOT an update or an upgrade from VSCO Film 01. VSCO Film 02 is a completely new collection of film emulations providing photographers more ammunition in their creative arsenal.

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:45 PM
shoenberg3
• • •
p.1 #15 · VSCO ver2 Released

How do the Superia ones look (compared to provia from pack 1 for example)? I know it's hard to put into words the differences but I would still like to hear a little feedback.

And how different are these new Portra versions from the portra in the pack 1? In particular, how does something like portra 160 (from first pack) compare with portra 160 NC (from second pack)?

Aug 08, 2012 at 11:02 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · VSCO ver2 Released

shoenberg3 wrote:
How do the Superia ones look (compared to provia from pack 1 for example)? I know it's hard to put into words the differences but I would still like to hear a little feedback.

And how different are these new Portra versions from the portra in the pack 1? In particular, how does something like portra 160 (from first pack) compare with portra 160 NC (from second pack)?

I wasn't sure which one you meant as Provia is 400F.

Anyway, here are some samples. IMO, they do look more like film; but as I mentioned, the ability to control where the grain is placed... as well as it's ratio/level, would still be a great improvement to LR in general.

Added the other two you asked about...

Aug 08, 2012 at 11:33 PM
shoenberg3
• • •
p.1 #17 · VSCO ver2 Released

Thanks a lot for that post. I am not really seeing much compelling changes in the new film types. Can you post a sample with portra UC and Superia 100 or 200?

Aug 08, 2012 at 11:53 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · VSCO ver2 Released

That looks not so compelling.

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:01 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · VSCO ver2 Released

I know 900px jpgs are not that compelling, but I will say they look much better at 100%. There is a pretty vast difference when you're actually working on them at original size. You'd really have to stack to see the differences. At the same time, I'm not trying to sell the damn thing. lol It is what it is. It'll work for some, and not for others. The above isn't even my "color" style. I just did this for the request.

shoenberg3 wrote:
Thanks a lot for that post. I am not really seeing much compelling changes in the new film types. Can you post a sample with portra UC and Superia 100 or 200?

I think you'd be more impressed working on them first hand, but I understand your hesitation. I really wanted to see samples first as well, but VSCO has none up yet. (none that are detailed promo anyway)

I'll try to add those others later, but that'll probably be the last of it.

Edited on Aug 09, 2012 at 12:09 AM · View previous versions

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:06 AM
shoenberg3
• • •
p.1 #20 · VSCO ver2 Released

Well, the majority of times (at least for me) the images are viewed at 900px and not at 100%.

I'd love to see the comparison between the NC, VC, UC versions (and with the original 160) and also Superia 100, 400, 800 comparison. The VSCO site has very few samples (none of them comparative)....

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:08 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password