Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Jon-Mark
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

C&C is welcome and appreciated. This groom was fairly uncomfortable in front of the camera so I'm quite happy with how these turned out. Bride changed into a traditional Guyanese wedding dress midway through the reception.

26. Freelensed

29. 39 image Brenizer method ( 85 f/1.4 )

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:04 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Some awesome shots in here (21, 13) that I think get a bit diluted because of the inclusion of more mainstream everyday shots that 99% of professional wedding photographers have (25, 22, 17 etc).

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:26 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Thanks Steve, I agree ( though is 22 THAT typical? )

This is pulled right from my blog, and although it's lame, certain "typical" shots often get lots of positive feedback from viewers etc.... ( like 25 ) and showcasing the flowers gets the florist excited/linking/recommending to me.

It's a tough line to walk, you show what you want to sell for sure, but when you make people happy and make them want to recommend you, it's a powerful incentive. Perhaps when I post on FM I should just pull those ones out.

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

29 turned out really, really well. I stared at that one for five minutes, and kept expecting the couple to move suddenly (and at high speed). Can't tell whether that's partly because of the downward shooting angle. And your posing choice on that is fascinating.

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:47 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Thanks Ian. Flowers like that always make amazing bokeh so it seemed an ideal candidate for a Brenizer. In retrospect I wish I had knelt down for that one, sometimes the Brenizer panoramas create the appearance of "little people" which is mitigated by shooting from their waist height.

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:50 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

I am still trying to get a clue. But also keeping the Chuckster's post in mind.

Here is what I see.

6 & 7 are cute to see a similar expression on both of them.
I like 12 with him being the only one with light on the face.
15 doesn't do much for me.
as an overall comment I like your play with motion.
28 with the sun flare how it hits him doesn't work for me.
40 is a cool shot
41 nice capture
43 is pretty sweet dude!

Nice set!

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:51 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Yes, 22 isn't exactly mainstream typical, I suppose I perhaps unfairly lumped it into the focus on flowers, couple out of focus genre of shots.

It is a tough line to walk, one that is a whole topic in itself. I think those other shots I would def. include to the client and they would get them in the initial preview even so they would be happy because they are interesting to the couple, but I would reserve the blog for things that are a little bit more edgy if you know what I mean. But that is just my way of trying to work to a particular brand.

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:52 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

@SGallant Thank you, great feedback. Didn't even notice the flare on his face until you mentioned it. 15 doesn't do much for me either, I didn't think I intended that one to be included, perhaps a missed keystroke in lightroom.

@stevez32 I think we are on the same page regarding personal branding, but when you can get a florist and a makeup artist to link to your blog post by including mainstream ( but not bad ) shots that focus on their stuff I think it's as much a benefit to business as only posting edgy stuff. Who knows, I'm sure that discussion has probably been had on here many times.

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:24 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

In retrospect I wish I had knelt down for that one, sometimes the Brenizer panoramas create the appearance of "little people" which is mitigated by shooting from their waist height.

This image seems to convey that effect strongly -- initially I thought it was tilt-shift, then I read your caption, and really started to study it. I wasn't aware of that approach to mitigating the effect, and will try it -- thanks for sharing. Even though the little-people/tilt-shift effect seems strong, I think that is a riveting image. (Maybe even because it's a strong effect -- there's a lot going on, there, so I can't quite put my finger on it.)

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:26 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Very cool set. Gave me a sense of what the couple is really like. Some really creative things in there as well. Love the colors, and love the boundary pushing you're doing.

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Cassario
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Awesome set. I really like 39 and your choice to use the Brenizer method there, good move.

Aug 09, 2012 at 03:04 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

loving #34,,

Derry

Aug 09, 2012 at 03:15 PM
Joel J Photogr
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Very stunning set altogether, I'm not going to pick it apart one bit! Its simply well done from the compositions to the post work. I hope they are super happy with these! Great job man

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:11 PM
rema86
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

#12 is killer!

love the set

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:28 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Nicely done sir!
I think the set is solid all around!

I would not have shot the group shot from a low angle because it makes them look bigger (which is not the best for some of them).
The portraits are IMO your strongest yet.

Good seeing you this past week, thanks for coming to hang out with us!

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:55 PM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

#12 is awesome. Really liked that one. I think your work is really great, but I feel if it was a little less contrasty, and less on the saturation, it'd really hit the spot for me. But your creativity is outstanding.

Aug 09, 2012 at 06:51 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Really good stuff but several of the images are a little too distorted for my taste. Really dig 12 and 13!!

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:59 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

@Doug I agree in part. I have that same shot from further back with a longer lens, it just didn't give the same impact with the sky. Great seeing you guys this week, thank you for making the trip up!

@TomHarmon Thank you. I'm definitely heavy on colour, to each his own!

@derbarrett Could you explain what you mean by distorted?

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:44 PM
Ziffl3
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

Nice work Jon-Mark.
I had to see it on a calibrated monitor. fun to go thru a couple of times.

Aug 10, 2012 at 07:54 PM
joosay
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Wedding - Kristin & Tam - 44 shots

This is a great set! Really like the groomsmen shots.

Aug 10, 2012 at 08:50 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password