Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Any Issue Using a Split (Y) PC Sync Cord?

omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any Issue Using a Split (Y) PC Sync Cord?

I can't imagine this could be a problem but just wanted to run this past a few 'brains' here just in case:
Would there be any issue with using a single remote (in this case a CyberSync) to trip two Speedlites using a single 'Y' PC sync cord? Too much loss of signal? Anything?

If there is no problem doing it this way, do they sell split 'Y' cords or do I have to make my own one as a DIY?

Omar

Aug 08, 2012 at 07:55 PM
dedsen
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any Issue Using a Split (Y) PC Sync Cord?

I would suggest using like flash units or checking the voltage polarity of the sync port if they are not. The flash supplies the trigger voltage and you would want the polarity to match since you are going to parallel them together.

Aug 08, 2012 at 11:54 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any Issue Using a Split (Y) PC Sync Cord?

I've got a Y sync cord for my vivitar 285's....i use it with pocketwizards, which are safe to like 150v +....i also rigged up a Y power cable type setup that hooks to a sealed lead acid 6v battery...powers 2 vivitars with with no issue, works awesome...the sync cable was no problem at all...

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:11 PM
mill4570
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any Issue Using a Split (Y) PC Sync Cord?

I occasionally trigger two SB900s from the camera with a cord manufactured by Paramount Cords.

Aug 10, 2012 at 04:23 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any Issue Using a Split (Y) PC Sync Cord?

dedsen wrote:
I would suggest using like flash units or checking the voltage polarity of the sync port if they are not.

Since flash units are designed to work on a variety of cameras, and cameras are designed to work with a variety of flash units, all will have the same polarity at the PC connection unless they've been tampered with.

The design was standardized years ago by the company whose initials are attached to the device: Prontor-Compur.

The sync voltage can vary between brands and models, but not the polarity.

Aug 11, 2012 at 02:09 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password