Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Archive 2012 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon
  
 
Lan11
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Here is yet another case of Nikon “service” from a user and evangelist:


 ;http://www.bythom.com
Really Nikon? August 7 (commentary)

No surprise to me after months of trying to get my brand new lemons (lenses) fixed.
Only another confirmation of my personal experiences with Nikon arrogance, incompetence and indifference.



Aug 08, 2012 at 02:43 PM
hjanssen
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


They just want to know if you bought the camera and didn't get it in another, illegal, way.


Aug 08, 2012 at 02:53 PM
Baywing
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


How hard is it to send in a copy of the receipt with the gear? Seems like lots of folks these days think the rules are for made for others, not them. If you read the linked article, Thom says he has been saying for years to send in a copy of the receipt. Nikon's Service site says send the receipt. Gotta love people who don't play by the rules and complain they aren't getting good service.


Aug 08, 2012 at 02:58 PM
snapsy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Nikon has always required a receipt for warrantied service...I don't think it's an unreasonable request.


Aug 08, 2012 at 03:01 PM
beshannon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Lan11 wrote:
Here is yet another case of Nikon “service” from a user and evangelist:


 ;http://www.bythom.com
Really Nikon? August 7 (commentary)

No surprise to me after months of trying to get my brand new lemons (lenses) fixed.
Only another confirmation of my personal experiences with Nikon arrogance, incompetence and indifference.


Since Nikon indicates proof of purchase is required for warranty service I can only conclude that reading as a skill is lacking for many people.



Aug 08, 2012 at 03:03 PM
nikt
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Lan11 wrote:
Here is yet another case of Nikon “service” from a user and evangelist:

No surprise to me after months of trying to get my brand new lemons (lenses) fixed.
Only another confirmation of my personal experiences with Nikon arrogance, incompetence and indifference.


Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll... (it's so hard to put musical notes in comments)

Anyway... then this Poor samples are fact of life, but Canon has always been helpful unlike Nikon which service was always abysmal. That’s why I stay with Canon.

Go go... quote some philosophical website about the internet sucks or how everyone is picking on you. Though it need not matter, say hello to your friends in the "hide me" list.



Aug 08, 2012 at 03:19 PM
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


TROLL We have a TROLL!!!!

Probaly shoots Canon to boot.



Aug 08, 2012 at 03:34 PM
talexander
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


To be fair the issue here is how you communicate. They should be sending out a notice saying "in order to cover your repair under warranty we need the original sales receipt." not sending estimates for 245 under non warranty and saying they would reconsider things if you provide a recipe

How you communicate is just as important as what you communicate and Nikon is being pretty rude here.

Tim

P.S. love my Nikon gear been shooting with it a few years but good customer service is taught and if te company doesn't want to learn they'll spend money on cs and get nothing for it.



Aug 08, 2012 at 03:42 PM
M635_Guy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Honestly, there is merit to both sides. Nikon is handling this whole thing very poorly, and shouldn't be pushing people but so hard for a defect on this scale.

It has been very clear for some time that Nikon requires a receipt, so that shouldn't surprise any buyer/owner. I do think they should honor the original registration for the camera if it is completed on-line.



Aug 08, 2012 at 05:54 PM
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Yes, Nikon is handling the D800 issue poorly, but the need for a purchase reciept for warrantee service is decades old.

As for Lan11, he's a Canon shooter who spends more time posting inflamatory threads on the Nikon forum than he spends on the Canon forum ... just take a look at his post history and it becomes obvious fairly quickly.



Aug 08, 2012 at 06:41 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



mshi
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Fanboys can never get frustrated with their beloved mentality.


Aug 08, 2012 at 07:24 PM
Steve Beck
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


It takes time to gather information and implement a worldwide plan for resolution. It will be fixed always is. Unlike the months that lead into a couple years I fought canon on my two 1DMKIII issues with focusing. I have every bit of confidence Nikon will resolve the issue on a flagship camera that has set the standard for tears to come and others to fumble and chase to catch up.


Aug 08, 2012 at 07:28 PM
M635_Guy
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Steve Beck wrote:
It takes time to gather information and implement a worldwide plan for resolution. It will be fixed always is. Unlike the months that lead into a couple years I fought canon on my two 1DMKIII issues with focusing. I have every bit of confidence Nikon will resolve the issue on a flagship camera that has set the standard for tears to come and others to fumble and chase to catch up.


Steve - I agree Nikon will eventually stand up, but better communication and handling of this would be a big plus for them. No company is perfect - mistakes will happen. It is how they handle things that separates the excellent from the rest. At this point, troll thread or not, Nikon is failing that test.



Aug 08, 2012 at 07:35 PM
Steve Beck
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


I'm not sure I know any camera that has had issues publicize intentions or what we have found so far. Nikon did surprise the world with a battery recall that very few knew a probl existed. Instead of opening a flood gate of calls by tipping off what they might do they do need to gather evidence and impact before any announcements made. I'm sure we will see something soon. Nikon has worked to hard to gain top spilt with the D800 to let it fail by a simple fix. Getting internal controls and policies in place first to help establish order and procedures are a must.


Aug 08, 2012 at 07:52 PM
omarlyn
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


talexander wrote:
To be fair the issue here is how you communicate. They should be sending out a notice saying "in order to cover your repair under warranty we need the original sales receipt." not sending estimates for 245 under non warranty and saying they would reconsider things if you provide a recipe


Why would Nikon Service reconsider anything based on a recipe? Would it matter what kind of recipe...would a dessert carry more influence than a main dish or appetizer? Would it have to be a home-made creation or can you simply send them a Betty Crocker recipe? I don't get it, that just seems like a very odd way to run a service department!

Omar



Aug 08, 2012 at 08:09 PM
pr4photos
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


What happens if you have bought a secondhand D800. Will they accept the original receipt from the original buyer, even though its not you? What happens if you bought a secondhand D800 and didn't get the receipt from the seller?


Aug 08, 2012 at 09:36 PM
lukeb
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Baywing wrote:
How hard is it to send in a copy of the receipt with the gear? Seems like lots of folks these days think the rules are for made for others, not them. If you read the linked article, Thom says he has been saying for years to send in a copy of the receipt. Nikon's Service site says send the receipt. Gotta love people who don't play by the rules and complain they aren't getting good service.


+1

I've been shooting with Nikon since 1962 ("F") and only had to use Nikon service once - for a D-700 that got rain soaked. I followed their service instructions, didn't call and pester them, got my camera back good as new in 3 weeks including UPS ground both ways.



Aug 08, 2012 at 09:53 PM
soupcxan
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Policies and procedures are certainly necessary but Thom's point is - whatever happened to a little common sense?


Aug 08, 2012 at 10:20 PM
shmn
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


pr4photos wrote:
What happens if you have bought a secondhand D800. Will they accept the original receipt from the original buyer, even though its not you? What happens if you bought a secondhand D800 and didn't get the receipt from the seller?


Nikon warranties are not transferable.



Aug 08, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Fred Relaix
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · Why NOT to bother with Nikon


Andre Labonte wrote:
TROLL We have a TROLL!!!!

Probaly shoots Canon to boot.


You actually also need a receipe with Canon for warranty.



Aug 08, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1
       2       3       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password