Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

Pinata
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

How is the Detroit Silverdome lighting? I am shooting ultimate (disc sport) there Saturday.

Thanks for any help. My searches did not help.

Edited on Aug 10, 2012 at 04:41 AM · View previous versions

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

I haven't shot there, but I'm guessing if you go into this shoot with this general mindeset you'll be fine:

Fast glass, wide open, and as high ISO as necessary to get you around 1/640 or higher.

Good luck.

Aug 08, 2012 at 07:42 PM
Pinata
• •
p.1 #3 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

Thanks.

I'd mostly shot at Franklin Field in Philadelphia (ISO 5000 / 1/500).

I shot at NE High School in Philadelphia on Thu, and the light fell off - almost off a cliff - at the endzone away from the two center panels of lights.

Aug 08, 2012 at 09:18 PM
rantonishak
• • •
p.1 #4 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

Pinata wrote:
How is the Detroit Metrodome lighting? I am shooting ultimate (disc sport) there Saturday.

Thanks for any help. My searches did not help.

Brian,

I am located in Michigan, but not familiar with anything called the Detroit Metrodome..

I'm not saying it doesn't exist... just not familiar with it..

Do you have an address? Or, any other info?

Perhaps a search of "Pontiac Silverdome" might help...

Here is some information about the Pontiac Silverdome.. The former home of our beloved Detroit Lions...

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/DetroitLions/index.htm

Hope this helps a little..

Sincerely,
Randal

Aug 09, 2012 at 12:51 AM
Matt OHarver
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

I thought Detroit played in the New Ford Field. Do they still even use the Silverdome for anything?

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rantonishak
• • •
p.1 #6 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

Matt OHarver wrote:
I thought Detroit played in the New Ford Field. Do they still even use the Silverdome for anything?

Matt,

You are 100% correct.. The Detroit Lions play at Ford Field.

I am not sure what the Pontiac Silverdome is used for, these days..

I suppplied a link in my prior post for the Pontiac Silverdome... Perhaps by clicking on the link and/or Google search, might assist... Again, I'm not sure..

Years ago...., I went there to watch Concerts, Lions games, and Monster truck shows.... Oh, the good ole' days...

Sincerely,
Randal

Aug 09, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Pinata
• •
p.1 #7 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

Sorry, I meant Silverdome.

From the above-mentioned link:
Photography
The lighting inside the Silverdome is designed to capture the natural sunlight that filters through the translucent roof and to provide a balance between that sunlight and the artificial lights that surround the perimeter inside the Silverdome. (On a dark, overcast day or during events held during late afternoon or evening hours, the outside lighting will have no effect on exposure.)

Recommended film speed under all conditions: ASA 400

When photographing events on the playing field (lighting tends to be less in the stands), the recommended exposure is:
For early evening or night events: 1/125 of a second with a lens aperture of F 5.6
For events held during sunny days: 1/250 of a second with a lens aperture of F 5.6
Various other exposure combinations may be used, but they must be equivalent to the above to be correctly exposed for best color.
The lights inside the Silverdome match very closely that of natural sunlight. It is recommended that, when other types of color films are used, great care be taken to ensure that the film is the daylight type.

Aug 10, 2012 at 03:53 AM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #8 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

So jealous of the lighting afforded by those venues supporting TV broadcasts... 3 stops of light better than a halfway decent high school gym. Oh the luxuries of light.

Guy

Aug 12, 2012 at 05:40 AM
zSCOTTz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Detroit Silverdome lighting

The only thing the Silverdome was used for that I knew of was rollerskating on Sundays, but I don't know if they still have that.

Aug 13, 2012 at 01:29 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password