Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

tmiller
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

:o) Hey ladies and gents! How have y'all been? I've missed you all, although unseen I've never been "gone".

So lurking is fun, not. So I decided to say "Hi" and see what you all have been up to.

It's been a crazy year here. Some of you know but most do not, that my website was hacked (hard core) about a week about Valentines in February. Scary thing is, I didn't catch this random redirect script until mid to late March. The worst part of this wasn't the hack (or the attempted rehacks). It was being black listed my Google, listed as a malicious site and booted from the 3rd most top result on page one to page 6.

I live and apparently die by Google, as my main search source for business. So 2012 is dead.

Instead of 20 weddings, I've got 2. On top of that, I had the joy of going through a business sales and use tax audit as well. Thank you State of Missouri. :o\

So a lot has been learned, relearned, beaten into me by now. It's been very rough on my family as this is my only source of income and not much hope on the horizon. Most of you know that I'm a Christian man, so this has definitely grown my faith and we've been provided for many many times over in the last minutes and hours. Nothing more humbling than standing in line at food banks so your kids can eat something.

My current focus is in hanging onto my meager equipment I havn't had to liquidate for bills and book anything and everything that comes my way for 2013. Beyond that I will be concentrating on my brand new editing service, ShootEditLove.com (website is about to launch!). If you want to contact me, go through Facebook for now. http://facebook.com/shooteditlove Dirt cheap, rock solid edits. You shoot, we edit, your clients will love!

I'm already blessed by some FM'ers as current clients and would love to serve more of you if you ever need me. Everyone take care, I'll try to remember to post up photos from the wedding I have in September. :o)

God bless!

-Tim aka TheFM-WeddingStickyGuy
Red Vine Studios
ShootEditLove

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:07 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

tmiller wrote:
I had the joy of going through a business sales and use tax audit as well. Thank you State of Missouri.

There was just a guy on the forum here saying he doesn't pay his required business Use Tax.

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:19 AM
tmiller
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

D. Diggler wrote:
There was just a guy on the forum here saying he doesn't pay his required business Use Tax.

I'm not surprised... they got me for a little bit here and there, mainly some misunderstood out of state wedding charges where the work was done out of state but the clients resided in state. I was told incorrectly by a worker of the state years ago, and went by that. Wrong! Either way, I'm making right but it'll take time.

Just glad to be back posting and hopefully booking for 2013 now that my google rankings are starting to get back to normal.

-Tim

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:21 AM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

That is rough, brother. If we get any weddings down there, I'll let you know in case you'd like to second. Always happy to help a fellow FMer out.

Aug 08, 2012 at 06:46 AM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you stick around to share all that knowledge you regretfully had to learn. I wish you luck on your future.

Aug 08, 2012 at 07:52 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

GOD Bless both You and Yours Tim. Keep the faith and stay the course, GOD will provide a way to You.

Jarvis

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:10 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

SO so sorry that happened and had such a negative effect on your business...

Aug 08, 2012 at 08:52 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Glad you're hanging in there, Tim. The lead time required in the wedding business is a big double-edged sword. Here's hoping for a quick recovery for you!

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Gary Harfield
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Send him some edit work.....I did, highly recommended.

Aug 08, 2012 at 11:06 AM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

I had similar experience with hacked website and I know how it felt when it was blacklisted. People wouldn't click it since it was listed as dangerous site.

Glad that you are back!

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:11 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Wow. I often visit your site to check out your work last year. Hope things will look up!

Just wondering how did you know your site was black listed? How does one check?

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:30 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Really sorry to hear that Tim. I'd be interested in more info about your editing service, there isn't much on the facebook page.

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:43 PM
AA Fotografi
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

I'm also very interested.
Send you a message on your facebook page.
All the best!
Mikael

Aug 08, 2012 at 03:35 PM
tmiller
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate the kind words. Just felt like I needed to clear the air, FM has been and always be my main photography home on the internet. :o) The responses here are on of those reasons why.

Google has tools where you can report a site for malicious content, etc. I got submitted by someone and it was real. I got the site clean, and got revalidated. Yes it hurts a lot. Google is my #1 lead generator, but I'm not going anywhere. I've got bills to pay! Gotta keep on, keeping on!

-Tim

Aug 08, 2012 at 05:01 PM
tmiller
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Jon-Mark wrote:
Really sorry to hear that Tim. I'd be interested in more info about your editing service, there isn't much on the facebook page.

Throw me a PM or direct email at [email protected]

I literally JUST grabbed the website and started the FB page. I've been editing for 4-6 weeks under the Red Vine Studios moniker but I wanted it to be separate and unique. Came up with Shoot Edit Love and my current client base loved it.

-Tim

Aug 08, 2012 at 05:02 PM
tmiller
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

AA Fotografi wrote:
I'm also very interested.
Send you a message on your facebook page.
All the best!
Mikael

Feel free to email me directly, [email protected] and I'll pass along any details.

It's all very simple and I'll be getting a permanant note up on the FB page here in a few minutes with all of the details as well.

-Tim

Aug 08, 2012 at 05:03 PM
benquesinberry

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

That's abdolutely crazy that someone could destroy your business so easily. Obviously you've got prayer on your side since God has been taking care of you. I know that feeling very well. People tend to say, "Well, all I can do now is pray." It should always be the first thing we do. And isn't it crazy how God always comes through at the last moment?

I'm in a different situation but I've learned so much more about God this year through having to rely on Him. I don't have income for next month but I know God will provide clients, second shooting opportunities, or whatever He says I need. It's awesome that we can be sure of it.

Aug 09, 2012 at 03:50 PM
tmiller
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

benquesinberry wrote:
That's abdolutely crazy that someone could destroy your business so easily. Obviously you've got prayer on your side since God has been taking care of you. I know that feeling very well. People tend to say, "Well, all I can do now is pray." It should always be the first thing we do. And isn't it crazy how God always comes through at the last moment?

I'm in a different situation but I've learned so much more about God this year through having to rely on Him. I don't have income for next month but I know God will provide clients,
...Show more

I'll definitely keep you in prayer as well. God is good... Had a bride a month ago now call up out of the blue from 4 years ago when DVD's were extra on top of the packages.

Asked me if I still had her images and if the email deal I sent her 4 years ago was still good. Problem was I had a double hard drive crash that year and lost those completed files. Now thankfully she and her family had placed a large (200+ individual photos) order and I remembered I contacted every printer I used back then for files to rebuild the archives and portfolio.

I had those files... all these years later, and without her small but LARGE check to me for those files I would not have a roof over my head right now. It came down to that... complete and total luck, fate, blessing.

Faith indeed...

-Tim

Aug 09, 2012 at 04:49 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...

Tim,
i'm not a wedding shooter, but i've always enjoyed looking at your work. It's one of those things on the list i want to get into but haven't had the time. Glad to hear you're ok.

I wish you the best for the future..and a speedy recovery of your business. God Bless.

Aug 12, 2012 at 05:34 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.