Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

Hrow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

I want to set the OK Button to recenter the AF Point. How do I do this? I think I have tried every possible combination of menu selections but nothing seems to do it so I am feeling both frustrated and profoundly stupid.

Aug 07, 2012 at 11:39 PM
CalW
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

Good question! I see how to set the home position (Manual pg. 86) but don't see how to tell the camera to choose the home position once it is set. E(M-5)T go home!?

Edit: Ah - page 93-94 does show that the "....go home" function can be set to any of the usual function buttons, but does not mention the OK button. Gotta decide which function button I can spare for this -- on my G3 I keep loosing the damn focus point and it is difficult to quickly re-select the exact center. This will be good to have -- if there are enough buttons for it to make the cut.

Edited on Aug 08, 2012 at 01:06 AM · View previous versions

Aug 08, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

I have set Home per the manual (p. 86) (though the "HP" that they say will appear as you select it does not). I have assigned the - - - icon under Button Function to every conceivable button but can't get any of them to actually go to the Home position.

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:03 AM
CalW
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

Ah, I see. When my battery finishes charging I'll give it a try - I just unpacked the camera Sounds likely that the home position isn't actually getting set, thus nothing happens when the function is selected. Let's see if anyone has made this work.

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:08 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

I have gotten it to work. Once. After pressing the same assigned button doesn't do it. A much larger white box (I have no idea what that is) flashes.

Cal, you'll love the camera and hate the menus. If I can suggest, print out the Menu pages and keep them with you.

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:20 AM
cputeq
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

Yeah I've got it set, at work (but bought my camera) -- gimme a sec and I'll explain it

Okay, here we go:

To SET the home point:

Enter Menu.
Enter Custom (the gears logo)
Enter Option A (AF/MF)
Scroll down to page 2, enter option "Set Home"
Select the AF mode,
Select the actual AF Home point.
Press OK
Press OK again.

Now, make a button that sets home. I use FN2. You can't use OK button.

During operation

Set home will not work when you're in the touch-selected AF mode (constant green box on screen). You need to get out of this mode (press ok, green box disappears).

"Set home" works with the 35-point "square AF box" operation mode (which is what I use).

Press left arrow (assuming you have Direct Function for the arrows enabled in menu) to enter the "af selection mode"

OR

Bring up the super control panel (SCP), touch the "af box" selection part of the SCP, click "OK", either hit "INFO" to bring up which mode you're going to use (single point, "zone" or 35 auto point, I use single point) or hit "OK" and select the point.

Afterward, you can press FN2 to toggle between "home" and the last-selected AF point.

So, I had a tendency to make home my center box and my selected point either a third left or right.

Edited on Aug 08, 2012 at 01:39 AM · View previous versions

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:21 AM
CalW
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

Henry, I saw that need coming and bought a hard copy of the manual on the Olympus Service site for $10 a few weeks back! I now have the "go home" function assigned to the Fn2 button and it works fine. When I went to the "select home" section and browsed around the available points, a HP icon appeared above the map (not in the map) when I passed over the current home - which happened to be the center so I left it alone. Then did the assignment to Fn2 and can toggle just as now explained above. Yeah, it looks like this camera can be configured in almost any fashion, if you can only figure out how...

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:32 AM
Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Another stupid OM-D5 Question

Thanks that works. I think the issue was not hitting OK twice.

Part of my confusion stems from the camera picking up a file cabinet that is in the frame as a face. Yes, a face. So much for how smart face priority is.

Also should acknowledge that not hitting the OK button twice doesn't reflect on how smart I am either.

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:01 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password