Archive 2012 · Recent portrait.....

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Recent portrait.....

Thanks for looking

Iron sharpens iron

5D MK II w/ Sigma 85 1.4.
WL Ultra 1800 w/ Paul C. Buff beauty dish w/ diffuser just above camera fired with phottix odin transmitter and phottix strato receiver.

Edited on Aug 07, 2012 at 08:21 AM · View previous versions

Aug 07, 2012 at 12:23 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Recent portrait.....

I like the desaturated look of this Michael.
Douglas

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:52 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Recent portrait.....

It's a nice portrait, Michael. The only thing I would have added to this, with dark hair going against a dark background, is either a light to the background, or probably preferably a light on her hair on her right (our left).

Ron

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:15 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Recent portrait.....

Thanks guys....the goal was one light. I kept looking at the other lights sitting there ( I actually picked one up and set it back down)....Kept telling myself, "You said you were only going to use one light today".

Iron sharpens iron.

Aug 07, 2012 at 08:17 AM
alohadave
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Recent portrait.....

I don't think it needs a separation light for the hair. There is enough contrast to tell where the hair ends and the background begins. It's not like the are blending together.

I would think about cropping to square and getting rid of the left side of the frame. It doesn't really add anything, and the way she is posed, she is already angular and almost in the shape of a square, and with her head tilted like it is, it's not dead center.

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:11 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Recent portrait.....

alohadave wrote:
I don't think it needs a separation light for the hair. There is enough contrast to tell where the hair ends and the background begins. It's not like the are blending together.

I would think about cropping to square and getting rid of the left side of the frame. It doesn't really add anything, and the way she is posed, she is already angular and almost in the shape of a square, and with her head tilted like it is, it's not dead center.

Thanks for the comments, will give the crop a try!

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:40 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.