FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · ALT Text

Robin Usagani
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ALT Text

Can you guys give me a few tricks to improve SEO when posting photos on your blog? Do you fill out all of the ALT Texts? Do you keep them all the same text? Mix it up? How about file name? Do you change the file name to improve your SEO?

Aug 06, 2012 at 10:55 PM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ALT Text

Robin Usagani wrote:
Can you guys give me a few tricks to improve SEO when posting photos on your blog?

I'll try...

Robin Usagani wrote:
Do you fill out all of the ALT Texts?

Yes

Robin Usagani wrote:

Do you keep them all the same text? Mix it up?

We personally mix them up... but I know some people that have had great success using one search term "Denver wedding Photographer" for example.

Robin Usagani wrote:
How about file name? Do you change the file name to improve your SEO?

Yes... We do... we use the name of the venue. So people searching for pictures of their venue will find our work... doing this also allows them to show up in google image search.

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:37 AM
HubbardJA
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ALT Text

IMO, the ALT tags need to be related to the image and H1 and H2 titles on the specific page or blog post.

For instance, if you're making a blog post for a family session but hoping to get better rankings for "XYZ Wedding Photographer" it's not going to help if you set the ALT tags for that post with "XYZ Wedding Photographer". You're better off setting the ALT tags to something like "Family photography at XYZ location (or venue)". These keywords should be similar to the H1 and H2 title keywords on the post or page. Google is smart, very smart; it knows the difference between keyword stuffing and meaningful content.

YMMV

-Jayson

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:39 AM
TomHarmon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ALT Text

I used to fill in all my alt tags with what was in the picture (i.e. bride walking down the aisle) but i wasnt getting any qualified leads from it, just people looking for images. So now I put the venue name in a few and some main keywords in a few. Definitely mix it up and dont keyword stuff.
I name my files after the venue, so image #1 is named "a_awesome_venue_wedding_001.jpg".

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:57 AM
tjsix
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ALT Text

Straight from Google: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=114016

TLDR Version:
-Use the Alt tags : They should describe the image in text format, they should not be generic and not be stuffed with keywords.

-Rename the Files : Renaming the file to something that helps describe the image also helps and is preferred..

-Use Captions to help put images in context.

Aug 07, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ALT Text

thanks guys...

Blogging just gets harder and harder . I will try my best on my next blogs and slowly fix the older ones.

Aug 07, 2012 at 11:52 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.