Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Cold calling venues

marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · Cold calling venues

How many of your regularly cold call venues and what results do you get ?
If not, are you already on enough venues where your referrals come to regularly ?

Aug 07, 2012 at 02:22 AM
ghdarnell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Cold calling venues

What is a "cold" call?

I am in the process of trying to network with vendors now, but it is difficult for sure. I have not heard back from a single one.

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:05 AM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · Cold calling venues

ghdarnell wrote:
What is a "cold" call?

I am in the process of trying to network with vendors now, but it is difficult for sure. I have not heard back from a single one.

Cold call is when you just show up with no appt.

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:16 AM
ghdarnell
• • •
p.1 #4 · Cold calling venues

marti.g3 wrote:
Cold call is when you just show up with no appt.

Thank you!

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:17 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · Cold calling venues

In the "old " days, when the wedding photography industry was not as saturated as it is now, it was fairly simple to go to different hotels and venues and if your work was good, you could generally get on their list. Now, with tons of photographers, that has all changed. Everyone is trying to get on the lists. Same with wedding coordinators. They can only refer so many photographers so it takes a miracle to develop a new relationship.

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:18 AM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Cold calling venues

marti.g3 wrote:
In the "old " days, when the wedding photography industry was not as saturated as it is now, it was fairly simple to go to different hotels and venues and if your work was good, you could generally get on their list. Now, with tons of photographers, that has all changed. Everyone is trying to get on the lists. Same with wedding coordinators. They can only refer so many photographers so it takes a miracle to develop a new relationship.

Seems like a defeatist way of looking at it. Helps to have a better attitude about it if you want to make good connections with them.

Aug 07, 2012 at 02:10 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #7 · Cold calling venues

stevez32 wrote:
Seems like a defeatist way of looking at it. Helps to have a better attitude about it if you want to make good connections with them.

Reality sucks. Been there done that.

Aug 07, 2012 at 02:28 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password