Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Capture One Pro 6

Power2g

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Capture One Pro 6

I prefer how Capture One Pro 6 processes the D800 raw files over LR4 and Capture NX2 (I own all 3 plus CS6). So I just wanted to share that Capture One Pro 6 is on sale for 50% off. It's a great deal. Head over to their website for the discount. The sale ends Aug 12th.

Curt

Aug 07, 2012 at 02:00 AM
aztwang1
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Capture One Pro 6

I use Capture1 for all my studio work and am digging in to the program deeper for the rest of my work to develop a workflow that works for me. Capture1 is a different beast, takes some getting used to but has some great features, one of them is their "recipes" feature, that allows you to export to Lightroom, Portraiture, Nik plug-ins, PS or any other program you wish to send your image to with 1 key stroke. Oh..and you can tether the D800 flawlessly and use Capture Pilot to view images wirelessly in real time on your iPhone/iPad.

Aug 07, 2012 at 08:46 AM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Capture One Pro 6

yea, it changed my life.

they have 60 days trial, i recommend to everybody with nikon to get used to it.

i love that their sliders are not linear but based on "feel" or "film feel". it saves so much time. I barely open photoshop nowadays at all.

skin editor is complete must i could not live without

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:13 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #4 · Capture One Pro 6

so you can do your basic adjustments in capture one then export to lightroom to use presets like vsco without any changes in the export/import from capture one?

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Capture One Pro 6

why would you use lightroom if you have capture one?

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:33 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #6 · Capture One Pro 6

I don't have capture one...I have lightroom with presets that don't work with capture one.

I want to know if lightroom alters the image on import or does it retain capture ones.

If capture one is good like everyone says then I would consider it but I don't want to lose the ability to use my presets if desired.

Aug 07, 2012 at 08:23 PM
Kittyk
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Capture One Pro 6

capture one does not modify original image.
Modifications are meta files stored in the sub directory of where photos are stored.

Aug 07, 2012 at 10:14 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password