Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Acadia National Park Advice + Bonus

CheechzeppLn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Acadia National Park Advice + Bonus

I will be in Acadia National Park next week and would love to hear some opinions on what's worth my time and what's not. Looking for moderate to hard hikes is the only thing I can think of that's on the agenda so far. I will be there next Sunday to Wednesday. I am aware that a meteor shower will be happening in the northeast sky on the 12th when I get there. I will be sure to not miss this. Thanks in advance for all the advice.
Bonus: Here's some photos from my recent excursions to the national parks.

Cades Cove by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Wizard Island by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

False Klamath Cove & Highway 101 by CheechZeppLn, on Flickr

Charlie

Aug 07, 2012 at 12:11 AM
David Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Acadia National Park Advice + Bonus

Granite ridges typically shaped by ice run from north to south in Acadia, so if looking for more strenuous hikes, aim for either the north slopes or either of the side slopes. The "mountains" in Acadia aren't all that tall, but because they rise up out of the sea they might seem a little more imposing than they really are. Cadillac is the tallest, but at only 1530 ft it isn't very high. A pretty decent hike to the top of Cadillac via the West Face will get most people at least breathing hard, though most of the trails on the island are interconnected, so you can mix and match distances and difficulties to suit your needs.

Aug 07, 2012 at 01:32 AM
HCE HCE
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Acadia National Park Advice + Bonus

The trail up the E face of Champlain and the trail up the S side of the Beehive
are my favorites on the E side.
On the W side try the trail up Beech Cliff. That can easily be extended to include Beech Mountain as well.
-Jay-

Aug 07, 2012 at 03:21 AM
CheechzeppLn
• •
p.1 #4 · Acadia National Park Advice + Bonus

Thanks for the advice guys, I was looking at a map today and checking the lay of the land.

Charlie

Aug 07, 2012 at 10:46 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password