Upload & Sell: Off
For portrait, I've also been looking for the best lens on the NEX7. From what I've read, the Canon FD 85L and Leica Summicron 90 2.0 are a few of the best. However, another option that I'm going to go for is the Rokinon (Samyang/Bower) 85mm F/1.4. It's very heavy and abit awkward on the NEX* but is only around 250 used and compares with the 85L. Check sample pics for more info.
Also, Here is what I've tried so far on the NEX*
- Zeiss Contax G 45/90. Best bang for the buck on the NEX. The G 90 is perhaps the best lens I've used on any camera.
- Zeiss Contax G 28. Works well on the 5N but not on the 7 (color shift). I also tested this against the Sigma 30 and preferred the 30. Sold.
- Zeiss Jena Prakticar 35/2.4. I bought this used for close to nothing at a small shop in the Europe and I think I got a bad copy. Was very soft wide open and was lacking in contrast. Sold.
- Sigma 30. It's sharp, has great contrast wide open and has been rated very highly in reviews. I decided to sell my Contax G 28 (that was very good) after trying this. Absolute steal at $200 and it's auto!
- Helios 44-2. Not bad for a $40 lens. Infact, it's great for a $40 lens... especially with the interesting bokeh.
- Canon FD 24. At $250+ used it's not all that cheap and I wasn't very impressed. Sold.
- CV15. It was nice having a 15mm lens in such a small form factor on a trip I took recently. Unfortunately, I wasn't really wow'd by the IQ. This was especially the case after going with the amazing Zeiss 18 ZM. Sold.
- Jupiter-8. It's russian and it's cheap. I'd also stay away as it's nothing special.
- Rokkor 58 1.2. Forum favorite but I just never saw the magic after trying 3 copies. Wide open at 1.2, it lacks contrast and just doesn't do it for me. It's also heavy and emits radiation on older versions.. yay. Sold.
- Zeiss 35/2 ZM. Very nice colors and contrast even at 2.0 but pales in comparison to the superior Contax G 45 which costs 1/3 the price. Sold.
- Zeiss 18 ZM. Magical on the 5N but color casts on the 7. I'm pretty bummed this is the case because I'm forced to sell it. It's on the f/s area of the forum now.
Edited on Aug 07, 2012 at 12:27 AM · View previous versions