Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Calibrating Lenses to Camera body?

TWEST

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Calibrating Lenses to Camera body?

I currently shoot a Nikon 300s..and have several lenses, 300f/4, 80-200f/2.8, 35-70f/2.8, and very curious about having lenses calibrated to the camera body to improve on picture quality and sharpness..my question is "should one do this?.. is there really a benefit to doing so? and where should one do this if it is beneficial? I appreciate all of your expertise on this subject

Thank you very much.

Terry

Aug 06, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Jammy Straub
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Calibrating Lenses to Camera body?

If your lenses have never been CLA'd (Clean, Lubed, & Adjusted) then they may benefit form a service. This is above and beyond a simple adjustment and may entail replacing worn parts, out of alignment parts like lens mounts, and possibly lens rubber.

As fars as adjusting a lens to a body, you have the power to test and adjust the AF yourself. Print the chart at http://focustestchart.com test on a tripod in daylight outdoors and use your cameras AF Fine Tune function to ensure that wide open at a 'normal' for the lens shooting distance your AF is set correctly. You can only have one setting per lens so the 80-200 and 35-70 may need an average or best consensus setting. This is no different from the type of AF adjustment Nikon can do themselves.

In short... it depends on how well worn your gear is and how far you're willing to go to make it perfect.

Aug 06, 2012 at 11:53 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password