Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

mccallmedia
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

Anyone had the bride and groom change after the ceremony? I didn't know they were going to do this and we were planning to shoot some portraits during golden hour and I was bummed to see the bride in a casual black dress and the groom changed into shorts! They didn't warn me they were going to do that either. I don't blame them in a way as the reception was outdoors in low 100's degree heat and they are from Alaska so not exactly used to hot weather.

I grabbed some great shots but they don't look like wedding photos of course. I did manage to get some silhouettes framed from waist-up where you can't tell they're not in wedding attire. Perhaps I will throw a couple in the engagement portfolio?

I would have felt out of my element to request they change back of course. In the end, it's their photos so I suppose that if they want to change into something casual it's not my business to say anything.

Here's an example I liked of one but it looks like an engagement shot.

Aug 06, 2012 at 07:59 PM
stevez32
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

Its pretty common in some cultures to change into different dresses, but usually the timing is discussed with the photographer. Strange that you were so out of the loop on this one.

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:03 PM
mccallmedia
• •
p.1 #3 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

stevez32 wrote:
Its pretty common in some cultures to change into different dresses, but usually the timing is discussed with the photographer. Strange that you were so out of the loop on this one.

I will bring this up in the initial consultation/planning meeting with clients from now on. I've only shot about 12 weddings thus far but this is the first time it's happened. Lesson learned.

What happened is they got to the hotel where the reception was located and ran up to their room and changed without my knowing.

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:10 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

I've had it happen only a handful of times where the bride changed into a different dress for the reception. Had nothing to do with the heat; these were indoor receptions. They changed to elegant evening gowns.

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:51 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

larhouser
• •
p.1 #5 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

Every 'costume change' I've seen has been on the provided timeline. The Asian dresses are AMAZING for the reception shots. Usually the change has been after dinner if I recall correctly.

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:03 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #6 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

Yeah, I've heard of this for Asian weddings, but it hasn't happened at any weddings we've shot this year.

Aug 08, 2012 at 01:22 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

tobicus wrote:
I've heard of this for Asian weddings

Like I said, I've had it happen a handful of times and I don't shoot Asian weddings ...

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:29 PM
mccallmedia
• •
p.1 #8 · B&G changing clothes after ceremony

The bride was Asian. I thought her dress was great. I was more bummed that the groom changed from his slacks to shorts. On a side note, I shot a wedding the week before where the bottom of the bride's dress was removable so after the ceremony she ripped off the bottom and it became a summer wedding dress!

Aug 08, 2012 at 10:35 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password