Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Nautical

Robert Spencer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Nautical

Lighthouse Point:

At The Buyers:

Picking Up Passengers:

Thanks for looking. Take care. Bob

Aug 06, 2012 at 07:01 PM
dalongfellow
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Nautical

I like the second--some nice forms and colors work well together to convey the scene. I don't like the coloring of the first as well. The yellowish color, especially in the water, doesn't seem that appealing to me. Was that your PP choice, or was that a function of the actual light at the time? Nice snap on the float plane image.

Dave

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:02 PM
Robert Spencer
• • •
p.1 #3 · Nautical

dave funny you should mention color if reference to the second photo. I have B&W versions of it that I like most.
Again in regard to color the first if as you say yellowish & in need of reworking. Thanks for pointing that out. My eye for color is much underdeveloped as a result of having a B&W film base background & then again by having to work in lots of flat light here in coastal Ak.

Here is a similar shot taken with same camera & WB setting. It too appears to have the same cast. Maybe it is just a matter of WB selection. I`ll play around with that as well.

Take care. Bob

Edited on Aug 07, 2012 at 06:56 PM · View previous versions

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:16 PM
Soozer

p.1 #4 · Nautical

2 and 3 have such fresh and brilliant color, they make up for the yellow one. I think your eye for color is developing nicely! Well done Bob!

Sooz.

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:29 PM
Robert Spencer
• • •
p.1 #5 · Nautical

Thanks Sooz. Makes me feel better. Take care. Bob

Aug 07, 2012 at 06:44 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password