New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Just my browser?

anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just my browser?

So, if I'm on the B&S board, and let's say I choose the category of "Nikon" in the drop down menu. I now get a page which of course lists all Nikon gear. Now let's say I want to check out "Zeiss" offerings. So I click on "Zeiss" and I get a page listing all Zeiss gear. I notice on the Zeiss page an item that appeals to me; so, I click on it to see what the offering is, and I of course get right to it.

However, after reviewing this offering, I decide to go back to the Zeiss page from whence I came, so I either swipe my input pad or click my back button, it makes no difference: I either get back to a page that I hadn't even been on, e.g., Canon; or, I get the Nikon page. What I can't do is go back to the original Zeiss page to look for more listings that might interest me. Instead, I've got reapply the Zeiss filter.

I'm on a Mac with 10.7.4 and Safari 6.0. It's not a big deal, and it may well be browser related; just thought I'd ask

Aug 06, 2012 at 12:36 PM
dcains
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just my browser?

I'm also using 10.7.4, so I thought I'd try this out. With Firefox 14, the backspace (actually "delete" on a Mac) key or swipe works fine - I'll get right back to the Zeiss filtered page.

With Safari 6, neither the backspace key nor swipe does anything at all. I have to actually mouse over the back arrow in the browser and click.

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:33 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just my browser?

Yep, works perfectly on Firefox 14, just as you described. Must be a glitch with Safari 6

thanks for your reply, dcains,

tony

Aug 07, 2012 at 07:00 AM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just my browser?

Yeah, I've heard Safari 6 has some bugs, but I don't use it very often. I'm still waiting to try Mountain Lion, but may wait a few more weeks.

Aug 07, 2012 at 09:51 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just my browser?

I'm on a Mac and 10.7.4 and can't get Safari 6 to permit me to post a comment on a blog created to track a lens those of us on the Nikon Manual Focus Glass thread are sending around the world. Every time I try to either review or publish something I've written it simply disappears. Firefox keeps me registered on the blog and works perfectly. It is definitely a pain in the butt

If you're at all interested in the blog Tony you can click on the WWW below my name. The lens, an 85 f/1.8 H-C AI'd, has traveled from Sydney to Singapore to Hong Kong to Rotterdam to Amsterdam to a small town in Germany. It next goes to Romania, then Italy before coming to the United States.

Aug 07, 2012 at 10:30 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.