Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

saaketham
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

As someone rightly said, eyes are windows to the soul ...
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/412530_467073569983236_2078936125_o.jpg

Aug 06, 2012 at 03:54 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Beautiful image, I like the colors.
Here is a crop for your consideration (puts the eyes on 1/3 and removes some dead space).

http://www.pbase.com/jfinite/image/145237398.jpg

Aug 06, 2012 at 09:23 PM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

I really like the picture

And I much prefer the wider looking one as the yellow aids the eye in separating background with her curved upper shape. I feel you loose a bit of 3Dimensionality by cropping

Just my opinion..

Aug 06, 2012 at 09:31 PM
Pfiltz
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

okay

Aug 06, 2012 at 09:39 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Wonderful image, her eyes are sensational and beautiful as I am sure is her full face/hair. Minor nit but I would suggest a minor amount of PP to lighten the shadow being cast to the side of her left eye and the bridge of her nose across from her right eye. I would also do minor brighting of the eyes and a slight darkening of the image, all of which is to simply increase the powerful image of her eyes. Lovely work Anil.

Dave

Aug 06, 2012 at 09:41 PM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

jfinite wrote:
Beautiful image, I like the colors.
Here is a crop for your consideration (puts the eyes on 1/3 and removes some dead space).

Thanks. That's a good one.

Guari wrote:
I really like the picture
And I much prefer the wider looking one as the yellow aids the eye in separating background with her curved upper shape. I feel you loose a bit of 3Dimensionality by cropping

I like the wide view as well ... the background is soothing, and draws attention to her eyes anyway.

Wonderful image, her eyes are sensational and beautiful as I am sure is her full face/hair. Minor nit but I would suggest a minor amount of PP to lighten the shadow being cast to the side of her left eye and the bridge of her nose across from her right eye. I would also do minor brighting of the eyes and a slight darkening of the image, all of which is to simply increase the powerful image of her eyes. Lovely work Anil.Dave
I'll try that. Thanks, Dave.

Aug 07, 2012 at 01:58 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Great shot.

The only thing i would do if i were to crop would be to balance the space on the left and right, have her completely centered.

Aug 07, 2012 at 05:50 AM

John Caldwell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Beautiful.

John-

Aug 07, 2012 at 12:40 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

I like,,

the fuller photo just seems better regardless of the 3 rds rule which can be broken,,

reminds me of the Nation Geo cover from many years back of green eyes that captured the photo world then,,

Derry

Aug 07, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Very pretty picture! I keep scrolling up to look at it again. Not sure which crop I like best...

Aug 07, 2012 at 03:24 PM
saaketham
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Thanks John.

Derry, this was inspired by that Nat Geo photo, I guess. Who can forget that one. When I saw my friend's eyes for the first time, I told her I knew something I wanted to try. . Another one I took was this
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/339322_458493150841278_1332024280_o.jpg

Lisa ... thanks

Marcus Watts wrote:
Great shot. The only thing i would do if i were to crop would be to balance the space on the left and right, have her completely centered.

Will try that, thanks

Aug 07, 2012 at 04:31 PM
RichCoyle
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Very nice photograph. Contrary to some other recommendations, I would extend the yellow to her right in Photoshop and consider cropping some of it to her left, placing the bridge of her nose at 1/3 and continuing to include the yellow. We each see things in different perspectives!

Again, nice job on the photo.

Aug 08, 2012 at 03:02 PM
RichCoyle
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Eyes are windows to the soul ...

Very nice photograph. Contrary to some other recommendations, I would extend the yellow to her right in Photoshop and consider cropping some of it to her left, placing the bridge of her nose at 1/3 and continuing to include the yellow. We each see things in different perspectives!

Again, nice job on the photo.

Aug 08, 2012 at 03:08 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password