Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · I miss my babies!

RazorTM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I miss my babies!

It's been 3 months since I left Japan and had my household goods shipped by boat. My stuff is here in Georgia ready for delivery, but the soonest date that the delivery company can manage is August 20. My 70-200 2.8 IS II, 24-70, and 7D have been cooped up in boxes for all that time and I miss them very much! I need the 24-70 and the boxes for my 50L so that I can sell them for some much-needed cash since I'm in transition between jobs and it might be a few months before I am hired and on the way to school to start my new career. And most of all, I miss my 70-200... that lens is a truly magnificent piece of gear!

Anybody else here who can't wait to be reunited with their "loved ones"?

Aug 06, 2012 at 05:54 AM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I miss my babies!

My "Loved Ones" are in Cali and Tulsa. My cameras are right here. Sorry for your loss

Aug 06, 2012 at 06:08 AM
WiLLGT09
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I miss my babies!

RazorTM wrote:
had my household goods shipped by boat.

Including your camera(s)? Why not carry you're gear on the plane with you back to the States?

Aug 06, 2012 at 12:28 PM
vsg28
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I miss my babies!

RazorTM wrote:
My stuff is here in Georgia ready for delivery, but the soonest date that the delivery company can manage is August 20.

Can't you go pick them up yourself?

Aug 06, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

coranda
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I miss my babies!

Hope it all arrives ok. Many years ago I shipped my belongings overseas and noticed that the insurance cover I paid for excluded "mechanical derangement of electronic equipment" When I saw the internal mechanical state of my computer's floppy drives I understood why that exclusion clause was there. They must have taken a hell of a beating. I'm sure your gear will be ok as this stuff is made to take a beating. But personally, I'd never let a removal company touch my valuable gear again.

Aug 06, 2012 at 01:07 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I miss my babies!

I'd rather put my wife in the container than my camera gear. Seriously that stuff would never be entrusted to anyone else and would have come with me on the way out.

Aug 06, 2012 at 01:09 PM
RazorTM
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I miss my babies!

WiLLGT09 wrote:
Including your camera(s)? Why not carry you're gear on the plane with you back to the States?

I of course had a weight limit when flying back from Japan, along with a wife and baby, so traveling back was not easy. I decided to take the 5DIII and my 3 prime lenses, leaving the rest in the original Canon packaging. I do have insurance against any damage and photos of all of my gear in the state it was in just before leaving, so if anything is broken, there's a slim chance that they'll repair or replace the gear. And no, I can't grab my stuff by myself and deliver it to my own home since that takes all liability for damages out of the hands of the delivery company. So if anything's broken, it becomes my fault basically.

Aug 06, 2012 at 03:00 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password