Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Selecting a new printer

gpchase
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Selecting a new printer

I currently use an Epson 2880 and find it makes excellent prints but lately I've been wanting to go larger than 13x19 and have been considering the 3880.
The only thing I don't like about this 2880 other than max printsize is the having to swap black inks from matte to glossy..what a pain and expense so the 3880 really tweaks my interest being able to print the larger size and having both inks onboard.
My query is is there another printer I should possibly consider ?
On another note has anyone experienced the new Canon Pro1 (I know max print size is the same as the 2880) but I'm just curious of it's performance and quality..
Also any comments on printing canvas on the 3880 ? I've ready not so great results..
TIA

Aug 05, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Selecting a new printer

Switching black inks is convenient, though it does waste quite a bit of ink each time. Best to plan your print batches so you don't go back and forth too often.

I've read good things about the most recent Canon and HP large format printers, but only have experience with Epson. Haven't tried printing canvas. You might check Red River's site for recommended printers for canvas.

Aug 05, 2012 at 10:54 PM
nelvayut
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Selecting a new printer

The print quality of Canon Pro1 is very good and it is the same with our ipf6100. I did a testing (13x19-max size) from canon cps last year. The printer use Lucia pigment ink. I think the printer consume a lot of ink like other large format canon printers.

Aug 05, 2012 at 11:19 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password