Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Creative Image Framing Expertise Needed

Shasta
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Creative Image Framing Expertise Needed

Hello,

Looking for some advice/guidance on this project I have. I just went and purchased these really nice modern black style frames that can take up to 11x14 image. My initial thought was to purchase 6 frames and do like a collage of 6 of my best B&W's but getting home I soon realized I'd like to actually print one image that spans all 6 frames.

Is there a process that is tried and true and works, obviously I can't get a print done large enough to slice so I have to crop or cut up the image and print each 11x14 separately, any advice on going about this.

The image specs in Photoshop are:

Document Size:
13.56 x 9.427 inches @ 300 DPI

Pixel Dimensions:
4068 x 2828

The shot:

Aug 05, 2012 at 07:32 PM
Shasta
• • •
p.1 #2 · Creative Image Framing Expertise Needed

Solved

Aug 08, 2012 at 02:47 AM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #3 · Creative Image Framing Expertise Needed

Actually depending on the configuration of the 6 image you could print the six images on a single piece of roll paper. One column of 11x14 would be 11"x84" two columns 11"x14 would be 22"x42".
In my Photoshop Photo Collage Toolkit package (free) there is a script that will automate the process
http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PasteImageRoll.html is about the script and the package is http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PhotoCollageToolkit.html

Aug 08, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Shasta
• • •
p.1 #4 · Creative Image Framing Expertise Needed

Thanks, what I didn't account for is the width of the frames so once assembled, it throws off each section off from lining up, we all learn from our mistakes, so next time I'll take that into consideration. My crops need to be inside a double guide to get it right. It will still look cool and not wasting all the the 13x19 sheets that were already printed and sized.

Thank you for the links and tips Mr. Mouse.

Aug 11, 2012 at 05:11 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #5 · Creative Image Framing Expertise Needed

There is no need to crop images when you use my script images are resized to fit the image area any excess is masked off. More or less what you wind up with is a virtual center crop. The document created are layered so you can actually use the move tool the tweak the virtial center crop. You can even transform the image to improve the composition of the virtual crop.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password