Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Remember me?

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Remember me?

Apologies for running this lad out again - different process and, curious about your thoughts: too sharp? too dark?

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Jarman 2012

NIKON D2X    185mm    f/4.0    1/3000s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Aug 05, 2012 at 07:28 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Remember me?

Excellent processing. Not to sharp. Not too dark. However, too centered. Remember that human eyes are in the vertical center of the face. If you place them on the center line of the frame, the image is generally deadened by a very static composition.

Aug 05, 2012 at 08:39 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Remember me?

AuntiPode wrote:
Excellent processing. Not to sharp. Not too dark. However, too centered. Remember that human eyes are in the vertical center of the face. If you place them on the center line of the frame, the image is generally deadened by a very static composition.

+ one... I like this considerably more than the original post...

Aug 05, 2012 at 08:54 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Remember me?

AuntiPode wrote:

I think it is less of an issue in this image because the eyes (albeit important) aren't carrying the full burden of interest that they might in a "regular" portrait, per se. The bandage (and where he is looking) is as much or more of the focal point of interest here (by subject matter and by tonal value) ... so while the eyes might be centered, the focal point isn't.

The bandage line (brighter tonal value / key) is entering from the left, his head is pointed left (his right), and his eyes are looking image left ... all fairly subtle, but I think they are quite enough in concert to "decentralize" us even though it is fairly symmetrically framed.

Aug 05, 2012 at 09:02 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Remember me?

Thanks to all,

Essentially threw away prior versions to start fresh - thank you for comments, there could be more room at bottom and I shall explore that.

Best,

Bob

Aug 06, 2012 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password