Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35...

AMaji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

Here is a quick and dirty look at the different corrections for 16-35 distortions. Both images made at 16mm. All of them have been reduced to 1500 pixels for the longest side. Would like to hear your comments. It is a quick and dirty comparison, maybe next time I need to do something more elaborate. However, I wanted to see how these different corrections stacked up.

1. No Corrections
2. Corrected in LR4 Auto Lens Profile mode
3. Corrected in Camera Only
4. Corrected in Camera and LR4 Auto Lens Profile mode

_DSC1057-No Corrections by _Maji_, on Flickr

_DSC1057-Only LR4 Corrections by _Maji_, on Flickr

_DSC1056-In Camera Corrections by _Maji_, on Flickr

_DSC1056-In Camera and LR4 Corrections by _Maji_, on Flickr

Aug 05, 2012 at 05:32 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

I personally feel that the in camera corrections have taken care of almost all of the barrel distortions and don't need to use LR4. What do you think?

Thank you.

Aug 05, 2012 at 05:34 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

certainly shows the barrel distortion. Really looks like you were shooting downwards in the images. Makes me feel like going for a 24 PC-E instead of another 16-35.

Aug 05, 2012 at 06:33 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

Thank you Mike. I was really shooting down as I often use UWAs to accentuate the nearer subjects. I hope it makes sense.

Aug 05, 2012 at 07:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Guari
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

in camera looks the best

Aug 05, 2012 at 09:40 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

Thank you Guari for your comments. I think that LR4 is somewhat "over compensating" for the barrel distortions, but that maybe just me "seeing" things.

Aug 05, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A quick and dirty look at different corrections for 16-35 distortions

sure seems so Amaji, the in-camera really looks spot on

Aug 05, 2012 at 11:37 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password