Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

bauerman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

Luckily there are two of these still open and functioning in my area so that its an experience that I can introduce my kids to. We go probably 3-4 times every summer and have a blast each and every time. If you have one in your area - go support it.

These are dwindling to the point where they won't be around at all anymore.

Aug 05, 2012 at 04:57 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

Very nice!!!

You are correct that it is too bad that drive in cinemas are dwindling away... it is so much more fun watching movies there with the family. We took the kids a couple of months ago to watch at the drive in and we had lots of fun.

Aug 05, 2012 at 07:38 PM
bauerman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

Thanks - we go probably 2-3 times every summer this same drive in and have a blast every time. The kids love to go look at the projection room where the huge rolls of film are visible that contain our movie.....just fantastic. I need to photograph in there at some point.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tom cardin
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

I think, the VHS had a lot to do with the demise of the drive-in. Now you can stay home ,watch a movie and get your "Necking" in on your own couch. There is a drive in, up in Monte Vista, Colorado, that has a motel connected , so you can watch from your own room.

Tom

Aug 12, 2012 at 04:53 PM
RoadconePhoto
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

i hope they have the speakers on a pole outside of the window so you can put them on the sill to listen lol

Aug 13, 2012 at 06:52 PM
bauerman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lost "Americana" - The Drive-In Movie

You are probably correct on the invention of the VHS tape and movie rentals.

This drive-in has the poles but they are just for spacing of the cars - but the speakers are gone. You now tune into a radio station to get the movie sound - which is a good idea to me. Everyone just has their car stereo's blasting or portable stereos.

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password