Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sony SEL18200LE 18-200 f3.5-6.3 zoom lens

lex7

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sony SEL18200LE 18-200 f3.5-6.3 zoom lens

I just received this and am still testing it on my NEX-7. I didn't have the previous version of this model, so I can't compare it with that. It's a very compact and sleek lens, and the images I've taken so far are very sharp. However, be warned that this lens may be useful primarily for landscapes. The auto-focus is extremely slow at longer lengths and will never work for any sort of action. I've repeatedly had to hold down the shutter button for 2-3 seconds at a time while the lens tries to focus on something. I'm not talking about complex scenes with a lot of light/dark/moving parts. I mean things like a parked car or a tree. I'll have to test it a few more days to see if there something I'm doing wrong, but right now I'm not sure if I want to keep this lens. I love the size and sharpness, but its functionality is limited due to the the poor focusing.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:45 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Sony SEL18200LE 18-200 f3.5-6.3 zoom lens

You sure your lens isn't broked? Reading on-line users say it's very fast! <shrug>

Aug 05, 2012 at 10:24 AM
lex7

p.1 #3 · Sony SEL18200LE 18-200 f3.5-6.3 zoom lens

That's what I'm trying to find out. I would be very happy to learn that mine is an anomaly.

Aug 05, 2012 at 06:15 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password