Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

Robert Watcher
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

I was invited to an adult dressup party where my son was performing with his band later in the evening. I decided to take my camera along to document the different outfits. Out of the 70 or so couples who would be there, there were probably a dozen who I have photographed for previously - whether that be weddings or portraits. Most were aware that I was a professional photographer . . .

. . . and so I anticipated an issue where when I asked them to come to my predefined area for a quick shot, that they would expect me to take a nice formal portrait - - - and that is not at all what I wanted. I wanted to capture an instant (I only took one or two shots at the most, of each couple) where they were being crazy or spontaneous. To provide a bit of impact for the style of image that I anticipated, I took along my lightstand and a TTL flash that triggered wirelessly from beside me.

It was a packed yard with all of the people and decorations and so I was restricted to one small area that had a lot more color from flowers and tents and more background comotion than I would have prefered. As well I could not back up much so was forced to shoot with a wider angle of lens. But it all worked out great for me and I "had a successful shoot that followed my intention". Here are a few of the shots that I have further processed to a grungy style that I wanted in the prints.

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:53 PM
Robert Watcher
• •
p.1 #2 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

5 )

6 )

7 )

8 )

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:57 PM
Robert Watcher
• •
p.1 #3 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

9 )

10 )

11 )

12 )

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:00 PM
Robert Watcher
• •
p.1 #4 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

13 )

14 )

15 )

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:02 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #5 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

Lol....at first, when I read "adult", I thought you meant "ADULT XXX".........

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:03 PM

Robert Watcher
• •
p.1 #6 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

These shot gives a bit of a sense of what things were like. I have my back up against the neighbours fence. There were probably 150 adults all dressed up - socializing, listening to the music, and later playing a few team games. Like this event where groups of 3 people were assigned numbers and worked as a team. The first person would have to lasso the horse and then ride it to the other end of the property, where the next person would be waiting to throw a ball in an attempt to knock a tin can off of a stand and when that was done the third person jumped into a grain sack and hopped his/her way to the finish line.

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:04 PM
Robert Watcher
• •
p.1 #7 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

marti.g3 wrote:
Lol....at first, when I read "adult", I thought you meant "ADULT XXX".........

Dream on lol. Adult dressup party as in no one under 19 in attendance. Sorry.

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:05 PM
John Caldwell
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

Enjoyed this series. Makes me wish I was there, even though it's not my normal sort of event.

John Caldwell

Aug 05, 2012 at 01:12 AM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

Looks like a fun party. Nice photos to capture the spirit too.

Aug 06, 2012 at 04:54 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #10 · Shoot with Intent - Fun Portraits

a fun time and nice captures,,

Derry

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:01 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password