Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Aperture not showing JPG

penpro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Aperture not showing JPG

I have sent a nef to PS for more processing and saved a JPG to upload to Flickr. Just the standard default settings for the JPG. Aperture will now show that file. It will show the PSD but not a thumbnail for it and the JPG will now show up at all. It is in the same folder with the NEF and PSD. Any reason for this and how do I get it to show up?

Aug 04, 2012 at 05:27 PM
matthewbmedia
• • •
p.1 #2 · Aperture not showing JPG

When you imported the file, did your import settings say "Import raw and JPG" or just "import RAW and ignore JPG" - There are some additional options as well for "Import RAW and use JPG as master" or vice versa.

Right click on the thumbnail - is there an option to create a new version from the JPG master?

Aug 05, 2012 at 06:48 PM
penpro
• • •
p.1 #3 · Aperture not showing JPG

It is not a jpg master, it is a jpg created in PS. The PSD was not imported as it was just saved back to the folder that the raw was in. It shows up just fine. I will try importing the jpg but it doesn't make much sense to do so when it is already in the folder system for Aperture.

Aug 06, 2012 at 12:40 PM
matthewbmedia
• • •
p.1 #4 · Aperture not showing JPG

I'd recommend this workflow if you want to use aperture, the import settings are powerful and you can have folders created for you automatically if you don't want to store images in the library.

NEF -> Aperture -> PSD if needed. Export JPGs as needed from aperture.

I've never run into an issue with aperture not showing a JPG, and it probably doesn't make sense to import this JPG to aperture for the reasons you state. For aperture to render PSDs, you need to have "maximize compatability" enabled as aperture will render the flattened psd.

Aug 08, 2012 at 06:35 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password