Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 fam...

JeffHall916

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

So we had these photos taken yesterday and I like the first one but the 2nd one, I don't know what happened, it is all washed out. I am making these into a wedding gift TODAY

I can edit the first one but can anyone help with the 2nd one, I am having a hard time getting it the way I want.

Thanks in advance! That's me in the white shirt with the bald head

Jeff

http://www.jeffhallphotos.com/Family/Portraits/i-snvLSZP/0/X2/ByersKids1-X2.jpg
http://www.jeffhallphotos.com/Family/Portraits/i-8n6n5CT/0/X2/IMG8934-X2.jpg

Edited on Aug 04, 2012 at 03:14 PM · View previous versions

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:04 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

It looks hot - is that what you don't like? Did you shoot in RAW? Pull down the exposure and/or use the adjustment brush to tone down highlights on the white shirts and faces.

Send me the RAW in the next few minutes and I can try and help. PM me for email.

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:08 PM
JeffHall916

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

Our friend shot it for us. It was hot, about 101. The second one she must have shot in Auto ISO cause its grainy, she shot in JPEG only

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:10 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

Sorry - I meant blown out in the highlights. In JPEG it will be tough to fix. But you seem more concerned about the noise. I can run a reduction on that if it will help you.

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:11 PM
JeffHall916

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnbkdxndn35e3o3/ByersKids1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzws922t2b39yfy/IMG_8934.JPG
These are the originals

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:11 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

What exactly are you looking to do with it....

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:14 PM
JeffHall916

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

Like I said, the 1st one I can edit no problem, the 2nd one seems so was washed out and yes, the noise. I would like to make this presentable for a frame, 16X20 to present them as a gift tonight. I am not sure exactly how I want it, but just good for a frame to hang up. Sorry, I am trying to do this and a tux and 500 other things!!! lol

Really appreciate you guys helping out!!!!!

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

quick fix...

He added a surface blur to it....not my favorite thing to do

noise reduction in PS

Edited on Aug 04, 2012 at 03:31 PM · View previous versions

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:25 PM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

Jeff - someone already took a stab at processing this file (i.e., it's not the original). The file on your dropbox was 30 megs, which is overe 2 times the native size for that camera.

It has some painted in grain and blur. I can't really undo that in a jpeg file. Maybe someone else on here can.

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:30 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

The exposure is pretty easy to fix, do an open as camera raw in Photoshop and adjust like a RAW image. As for the noise, it looks like some bad in camera sharpening or something. The weird part is people and immediate areas around them are masked out from the noise, looks like it was done in photoshop.

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:34 PM

JeffHall916

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

Thank you Michael, looks much better

@ ESC and SGallant
I guess she did do some editing in PS, that's sad if she did, I don't like the result in the 2nd one at all. I can adjust the noise and all, I guess I will do what I can with it, I know I can make it look a little better so well see. I really appreciate all of your time and input!

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:41 PM
liamh
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

The second shot has selective blur. It's very poorly applied. The only thing you can do is completely matte out the people and composite them on a new background. It's a shame, because it has potential to be a nice shot.

Aug 04, 2012 at 04:09 PM
JeffHall916

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

I know and I am not a close friend to the photographer otherwise I would comment on it. I am hoping to get the original file, hopefully RAW so i can do some true post work.

Here is what I did:

http://www.jeffhallphotos.com/Family/Portraits/i-Lkrw68g/0/X2/ByersKids1-Edited-X2.jpg
http://www.jeffhallphotos.com/Family/Portraits/i-gbmqPdt/0/X2/IMG8934-Edited-X2.jpg

Aug 04, 2012 at 04:17 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

Lol....hot....classic.....

Aug 04, 2012 at 05:31 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
Account locked
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

The saturation fix on the second image seems a bit over the top. Unless that's your style. Then it's fine.

Aug 04, 2012 at 05:32 PM
DaveOls
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

In the first shot I noticed that all the women were very attractive, which is unusual in a group shot. It must be the water where you live.

Aug 05, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Steve Wan
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

When I screw up I usually try black and white and make it look intentional!

Aug 05, 2012 at 02:16 PM
paneraica

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

I'm just a hack, but thought I'd give it a try

http://rlx.homestead.com/IMG8934-X21x2.jpg

DON

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:19 PM
escapehtml
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I need help!! Can you help with your touch on these 2 family photos

ESC in KC wrote:
It looks hot - is that what you don't like? Did you shoot in RAW? Pull down the exposure and/or use the adjustment brush to tone down highlights on the white shirts and faces.

Send me the RAW in the next few minutes and I can try and help. PM me for email.

JeffHall916 wrote:
Our friend shot it for us. It was hot, about 101. The second one she must have shot in Auto ISO cause its grainy, she shot in JPEG only

This is pretty funny

Aug 06, 2012 at 08:07 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password