Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2012 · I love it

marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I love it

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/216/f/5/everyone_wants_theres_by_gioglamour-d59twym.jpg

Aug 03, 2012 at 06:58 PM
Nozzleforward
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I love it

At least most of them are cameras instead of phones...

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:09 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I love it

Why bother....it's like a feeding frenzy.....one starts and the rest jump in.

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:13 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I love it

I'd rather have a dozen of these folks than one DSLR-totin' portfolio builder crowding my shots.

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:27 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I love it

Sad. Very sad.

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:32 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I love it

tobicus wrote:
I'd rather have a dozen of these folks than one DSLR-totin' portfolio builder crowding my shots.

You should have seen the formals session.......yikes ! Eyeballs everywhere.....

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:40 PM
larhouser
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I love it

This is SO awesome, thanks for sharing.

My wife when I turn the laptop for her to see "So they don't bother experiencing real life, they live it through their phone?" Um, yeah pretty much.

Aug 03, 2012 at 09:51 PM
MalachiConstant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I love it

Is this unusual for you?

Aug 04, 2012 at 08:20 AM
WalnutPond
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I love it

I know we all see this over and over again, but it really just makes me sad. I see this so many places, people hiding behind cell phones and cameras getting what will be pretty crappy images instead of just enjoying and celebrating the moment and creating -memories-. Look at all these people squinting to see that tiny little screen and missing out on the event right in front of their eyes. it's like they got front row seats to the superbowl, but instead they're watching it on the iphone screen.

It's a fascinating bit of modern psychology and I just can't get my head around it - I for one really enjoy just watching things happen when I'm not required to have a camera. It's a totally different experience.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:04 AM
VickiB
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I love it

I could not disagree more strenuously with those who believe that these people are somehow missing out on an experience because they choose to memorialize it with whatever tools that have at hand. They are in the church, listening to the music, hearing the rustle of the bridal gown, smelling the flowers, bowing their heads in prayer, witnessing the vows spoken by their loved ones. They want to memorialize those experiences, and we have amazing technology available to help us do just that. Have you never looked at some old pictures and exclaimed, "I FORGOT about that"? I certainly have. As I grow older, I realize that it's not necessarily the technically best photographs that I treasure the most, but the ones that take me back to the memories I had forgotten. That's all these people are doing. Why begrudge them their joy--now and in the future?

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:47 AM
teebat
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I love it

WalnutPond wrote:
I know we all see this over and over again, but it really just makes me sad. I see this so many places, people hiding behind cell phones and cameras getting what will be pretty crappy images instead of just enjoying and celebrating the moment and creating -memories-. Look at all these people squinting to see that tiny little screen and missing out on the event right in front of their eyes. it's like they got front row seats to the superbowl, but instead they're watching it on the iphone screen.

It's a fascinating bit of modern psychology and I just
...Show more

+1

Just think, if the put the devices down they could enjoy the moment in real 3D with super high resolution.

Aug 04, 2012 at 03:46 PM
marti.g3
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I love it

VickiB wrote:
I could not disagree more strenuously with those who believe that these people are somehow missing out on an experience because they choose to memorialize it with whatever tools that have at hand. They are in the church, listening to the music, hearing the rustle of the bridal gown, smelling the flowers, bowing their heads in prayer, witnessing the vows spoken by their loved ones. They want to memorialize those experiences, and we have amazing technology available to help us do just that. Have you never looked at some old pictures and exclaimed, "I FORGOT about that"? I certainly have.
...Show more

How are they experiencing all of that with their eyeballs glued to their screens ? Whatever happened to people's "memories" ? Have we, as a society, become so dependent on technology that we allow our memory and experiences to be overshadowed by machines ?

"Hey, did you see when John looked over his shoulder and smiled at his mom"...." Oh gee, I didn't see that, when did that happen"......." I think you were looking down at your camera when that happened"........." Damn, and I didn't see that ".............

Aug 04, 2012 at 04:30 PM
VickiB
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I love it

Of course, int he 1960s I was limited by how much film my parents would buy me, but I have always been hungry to capture the moments of my life in photographs. I simply feel as if haven't experienced something unless I have taken pictures of it. I was just saying the other day that I keep my phone right next to me so I can capture the antics of my dog and cat. No, they're not good photos--but they're priceless photos.

Aug 04, 2012 at 05:17 PM
zalmyb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I love it

As one who usually brings a camera to weddings I totally don't understand this. I'm not judging, I just don't understand why people are so into taking these photographs. What do they do with them (besides upload them to facebook and forget about them), and what's the point?

I do believe there are many people who don't know how to sit quietly for and enjoy themselves extended periods without artificial stimulants (phone, camera, Facebook, email etc.). Not that all of the people pictured fall into that category but many people do...

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:21 PM
qwyjibo
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I love it

The pendulum may have swung a bit too far, but I wish I had more photos from my pre through post formative years.... even just random p&s efforts.

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:32 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I love it

VickiB wrote:
I have always been hungry to capture the moments of my life in photographs.

Oddly, I suppose, considering the line of work I'm in but I've NEVER had an interest in capturing the moments of my life in photos.

Anyone else like this here?

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:09 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I love it

zalmyb wrote:
As one who usually brings a camera to weddings I totally don't understand this. I'm not judging, I just don't understand why people are so into taking these photographs.

But you say that you, yourself, bring a camera to weddings. So aren't you like the folks pictured?

Personally, I do NOT bring a camera to weddings.

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:15 AM
ndirienzo
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I love it

While it seems excessive, I understand the desire to take your own pictures. At my wedding reception I took pictures using my own camera. I wasn't going crazy, but when my wife was giving a speech I took a few. when I was walking around talking to guests I had my 5dii and 24L around my shoulder and would stop for a second and take a picture with them or of the scene. There's something about looking at my own pictures that were from my point of view that reminds me of that day. We had a friend, who's a wedding photographer, shoot the wedding as well. His pictures are fantastic, but there's something about the ones that came out of my camera that I really enjoy... they just really do a much better job of bringing back the feeling and emotions. Granted, the pictures I took were much better than someone with a PS would put out, but still, I understand the desire to have your own pictures!

With that being said, I don't normally bring my camera to a wedding unless asked by the bride/groom. If they hired a pro, then I stay the heck out of their way, given they're going to get better shots of the bride walking down the isle and whatnot... I focus more on the random interactions between the guests that a single photographer might miss.

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:18 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I love it

marti.g3 wrote:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/216/f/5/everyone_wants_theres_by_gioglamour-d59twym.jpg

The heard what your print prices are.

Aug 05, 2012 at 03:26 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I love it

a forum full of photographers can't understand why people would take snapshots at a wedding.

Aug 05, 2012 at 10:49 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.