Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger lens

Jim Schemel
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger lens

Just picked up a Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger Lens.f3.5 i believe it is the 1 Inch version.
Aperture blades are in great shape as well as the glass.I hear these can be used on the NEX.Can anyone tell me if this is true and where i can locate an appropriate adapter for it? I looked at fotodiox and could not find anything.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
-Jim

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:39 PM
dirb9
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger lens

Since enlarger lenses don't have a focusing helical, you have to make something yourself. Probably the easiest approach (and the one that some people are doing) is to mount the lens onto macro bellows, then onto the NEX. If you use M42 bellows (which are probably the easiest to find), you will need a M39-M42 adapter for the lens to the bellows, and a M42-NEX for the bellows to the camera.

Aug 03, 2012 at 09:32 PM
JohnJ
• • •
p.1 #3 · Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger lens

Hi Jim

You'll need some kind of helicoid and appropriate adapters at the front and rear. Evilbay is full of them. Of course the length of the helicoid will depend on the lens.

Your problem may be attaching the Wollensak to the front of the helicoid because those US lenses had all kinds of strange threads which are no longer being used, so there are no adapters for them. But where there's a mill (or a lathe) there's a way .

The lens on this helicoid is an 80mm enlarging lens so it needed a longer helicoid. Shorter lenses may need a shorter helicoid depending on the cameras register.

JJ

Aug 04, 2012 at 01:55 AM
Jim Schemel
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger lens

John,
thanks for taking the time to post some pics.Much appreciated.
-Jim

Aug 05, 2012 at 01:24 AM
JohnJ
• • •
p.1 #5 · Wollensak Velostigmat Enlarger lens

Jim Schemel wrote:
John,
thanks for taking the time to post some pics.Much appreciated.
-Jim

No problemo.

Aug 05, 2012 at 04:39 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password