Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D800 video - pretty awesome, right?

fotographiq
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · D800 video - pretty awesome, right?

When I switched from my D700 to my D800, it was for the purpose of getting quick video captures of my 13 month old daughter. I thought that if video was not that important, I would just switch back to a D700 and use the difference in price to fund a lens or two. Well, in the short time that I have had the D800, I have been blown away by the video functionality. It's easy to access at the press of a button, the actual 1080p 30 output looks great, the built-in mic is actually quite serviceable, and best of all I am getting the videos I thought I was missing with a D700.

Are you as happy?

Aug 03, 2012 at 06:46 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D800 video - pretty awesome, right?

Just starting to play with video on the D800. So far the AF of the lenses seems to be the biggest handicap if you need AF. I've done most of my experimenting with MF primes and I think the quality if pretty darned good. Right now the limitation to the quality is the operator, but I hope to get up on the learning curve pretty fast.

Aug 03, 2012 at 08:19 PM
derry1
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · D800 video - pretty awesome, right?

have done a few test and like what I see as well,,

acid test is this coming Monday for our RC (radio control) sailing club,, will be covering starts and mark roundings,, really looking forward to it,, these 800 models are loaded with some great features and that 36mp sensor is the best,,

Derry

Aug 03, 2012 at 08:54 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password