Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · For those using the Nikon 9000, white balance question.

cineski
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · For those using the Nikon 9000, white balance question.

I've been using the Nikon 9000 for a year and a half now. While it's quirky the output is amazing. I'm using the Nikon Scan 4 software. My question is, is it possible to turn auto white balance off with the Nikon Scan software? I would much prefer a standard base WB for the entire batch, then go in and figure out the first picture in a scene and then apply those settings to the entire scene (just like we do for shooting digital). As of now, each image is just slightly off from the others in terms of white balance and I have to adjust each image individually and it's very time consuming. If this is not possible with the Nikon Scan software, is it possible with other scanning software like Vuescan or Silverfast?

My current workflow is (and I don't want it to change in terms of using LR4 to adjust images): Scan in Nikon Software to a RAW file doing zero adjustments in Nikon Scan. Import images to LR4 and make all adjustments there. Output JPGs from LR4. I don't want to do any adjustments in the scanning software. Just LR4.

Aug 03, 2012 at 02:24 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password