Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

otphoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

Hi folks, I had the chance to try get some fashion style (I can't think of what else to call this type of shot) photos with a friend and my wife. The first two were shot at f11 with a PLM and the last four shot at f16 with a beauty dish. I also applied a different PP style to the last four compared to the first two. C&C welcome.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

Edited on Aug 03, 2012 at 09:13 PM · View previous versions

Aug 03, 2012 at 01:56 PM
liamh
• • • •
p.1 #2 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

Like the first shot. Nice pose, facial expression - clothing could look better though. I really don't like PP on the last four and think you should have another crack at those.

Aug 03, 2012 at 02:03 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

liamh wrote:
Like the first shot. Nice pose, facial expression - clothing could look better though. I really don't like PP on the last four and think you should have another crack at those.

+1

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:23 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

Nice contrast on the first two, but like the others, not digging the processing on the last few.

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:24 PM

skasol
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

liamh wrote:

+1

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:33 PM
otphoto

p.1 #6 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

Thanks for the feedback. I re-did one similar to the first 2, curious if you guys prefer the new one.

Aug 03, 2012 at 09:12 PM
y2keg
• •
p.1 #7 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

I too prefer the PP on the first two images over the others. Yes, I prefer the new one above.

Also, were you generating/altering the shadows on the background? The shadow in the very first image looks odd. She has a few wisps of hair blowing out to a point, but the apparently corresponding shadow makes it look like a solid mass. Maybe it's just the angle.

The makeup on the second model's face is starkly different from her neck/chest/arms. Maybe suggest a lighter touch, a different shade or at least a subtle blending down the neck to make the transition to bare skin less obvious.

Another suggestion, especially for the second model, try having her not look straight into the lens for all of the shots, maybe slightly down and to one side. I think it might be very flattering for her. With these straight-on shots you tend to see the whites of her eyes under the irises. It doesn't look bad, big eyes are a positive, but I have a feeling she would also look good with an off-camera gaze. Just a thought.

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:07 PM
otphoto

p.1 #8 · 2 Models - Fashion style-1 redo

y2keg, yes the shadows were accentuated in the first two via an exposure layer with masking.

Thanks for suggestions.

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:47 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password