Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · CF card speed test "updated"

Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · CF card speed test "updated"

Hey Lars,
btw Sandisk is not shipping UDMA7 cards in UDMA7 boxes.

Mar 19, 2013 at 07:18 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · CF card speed test "updated"

It depends on what UDMA 7 card you talk about? Maybe also where you buy it. There is one pic of the card and one of the box in the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCFXP-128G-X46-Extreme-CompactFlash-Memory/dp/B004ISL3GA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2YWDEQWLTQUYM&coliid=I2UVCY2GP84ETA

Mar 19, 2013 at 08:54 AM
eyeland

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · CF card speed test "updated"

Thanks for the info, very useful thread.
A few questions:
(i) Have you guys had bad experiences with buying CF's from ebay?
Ordered a Transcend 32GB 400x UDMA6 from ebay china and a Lexar 32GB 800x UDMA7 from ebay usa - we'll see how it turns out.
(ii) Is there a way to check if the cards are genuine?
The cards I am buying now are for my 5Dmk3 - and I assume that at least the Lexar 800x 7 will be enough for my needs for now.
(iii) As soon as the ML "hack" is ready for official release, I will be tweaking my video bit-rates on the 5D3, anyone know which cards are fast enough for this usage?
Last but not least, for my new job, I will be required to shoot (and buy what ever is needed for) a 1DC - anything less than lexar 1000x 7 feasible for this?
Thanks
Rune

Mar 19, 2013 at 06:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · CF card speed test "updated"

eyeland wrote:
Thanks for the info, very useful thread.
A few questions:
(i) Have you guys had bad experiences with buying CF's from ebay?
Ordered a Transcend 32GB 400x UDMA6 from ebay china and a Lexar 32GB 800x UDMA7 from ebay usa - we'll see how it turns out.
(ii) Is there a way to check if the cards are genuine?
The cards I am buying now are for my 5Dmk3 - and I assume that at least the Lexar 800x 7 will be enough for my needs for now.
(iii) As soon as the ML "hack" is ready for official release, I will be tweaking my
...Show more

I don't buy cards from ebay. When you are from Denmark I would recommend you to buy from Amazon.de and Amazon.uk. They have the cards you write about. And they have every card from Lexar, Transcend or Sandisk. Their prices are good. And you know it's a genuine card that you receive. You will probably get free shipping to Denmark also. I get that to Sweden. I would also guess you have to pay VAT and tax when order from China & USA.
How much do you pay on ebay including shipping? Because I would belive you can get them for a lower price at Amazon.de or Amazon.uk

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:28 AM
Stoffer
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · CF card speed test "updated"

Rune, I bought a Lexar CF 1000x from cinemagic.dk. Keep an eye on the price, I got a 32 GB for 1325 kroner which is close to what amazon is asking.

http://www.cinemagic.dk/shop/lexar-professional-udma-187188p.html

Didn't know the place before, but I had no problems dealing with them.

Mar 21, 2013 at 09:25 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · CF card speed test "updated"

Tag

Mar 25, 2013 at 05:16 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end