Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Anybody using this combo for travelling? I have the head. And is thinking about buying the tripod for travel.

Aug 03, 2012 at 05:25 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Nobody that own a Feisol Tripod CT-3441S Rapid

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:19 AM
markd61
• •
p.1 #3 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

I have one and it is only OK. I got it because of all the great comments about Feisol tripods. The rubber tips come off first thing and there is no option for screw-in rubber feet. I had to adapt Gitzo feet.
Second the hook for the weight came right out of the center post. It had been glued in with only a small dab of adhesive.
Lastly, the legs get grit in them and do not slide smoothly. I have disassembled and cleaned it but it still is not too smooth.

I will be getting a Gitzo next time.

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:51 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

markd61 wrote:
I have one and it is only OK. I got it because of all the great comments about Feisol tripods. The rubber tips come off first thing and there is no option for screw-in rubber feet. I had to adapt Gitzo feet.
Second the hook for the weight came right out of the center post. It had been glued in with only a small dab of adhesive.
Lastly, the legs get grit in them and do not slide smoothly. I have disassembled and cleaned it but it still is not too smooth.

I will be getting a Gitzo next time.

Thanks for your reply. But I don't belive it's the same tripod you have. The CT-3441S features two optional kinds of spikes for various terrains. You screw in those. And it has a new kind of hook compared to older Feisol tripods. On the Feisol Europe site you can order spike and rubber feet for it. And also a new hook. So there is no way that you have to glue your hook or can't attach the rubber or spike feets. Is your tripod really a "Rapid" version ? Or maybe you have a much older version of it?

Aug 04, 2012 at 07:44 AM
gardenvalley
• • •
p.1 #5 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

About 6 months ago I bought a Feisol 3441s to replace my Manfrotto 055cx/3. I wanted a tripod which was lighter and folded up smaller because I sometimes use public transport to get to one of my favourite locations (an island) where the cost of taking a car would be prohibitive. I was not disappointed. The Feisol is light and strong, obviously not in the same class as the SOTA boutique marques but well worth it.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the accessory spike/rubber feet for the Manfrotto fitted the Feisol perfectly. Normal rubber feet and a spike, no wrestling with cold fingers trying to remove, and then not lose, the stupid Gitzo type. Result. I never use weight hooks, preferring to couple the mass of my backpack directly to the tripod when necessary.

I can`t comment on how the Markins fits in traveller mode but my PhotoClam PC36 is just slightly too wide but it`s not an issue for me. HTH

Aug 04, 2012 at 08:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Thanks gardenvalley,

So then it's confirmed that I can attach screw spike/rubber feets to the Feisol tripod. And how does the telescopic center column work?
Where did you buy the tripod? I have been looking at the Feisol Europe site, where it cost 319 Euro including hook and bag

Aug 04, 2012 at 08:58 AM
gardenvalley
• • •
p.1 #7 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

You can certainly get the screw-in spikes from Feisol but they don`t mention rubber boots a la Gitzo so I would assume they are not part of the deal. Best contact your nearest distributor. If that is the case then it means either leaving the unprotected spikes on all the time or putting them on when you need them by removing the existing rubber feet (if they haven`t already fallen off!) I once bought a new Gitzo and the screw-in rubber feet had come loose and were rattling around in the box. This is a major failing IMO of many tripods which is why I use the Manfrotto feet I referred to. I just wish the spike portion was a little longer but it`s the best compromise I`ve found.

I like having a centre column because it gives me a little leeway should it be required but never extend it more than a few inches. It works just like the leg sections with the locking collar but without the anti-rotation feature. Using the telescopic facility of the Feisol is not recommended as it goes much higher than is considered safe for steady shots. I also occasionally use the centre column inverted for really low down work, very difficult when using an optical V/F but a breeze now that I only use a Panasonic G2 with swivelling screen which "knows" that it`s upside-down and inverts the image so that it`s right side up. Lovely.

I bought mine from Feisol UK after speaking with them and delivery was quick.

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:58 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Gardenvalley, thanks a lot.

I can see on the Feisol UK site that they also have 3 options for it. Two different spikes, short or long. And rubber feets also.
Now I have to check if 229 GBP is less than 319 Euro And order from one of those sites. Thank you

Aug 04, 2012 at 10:28 AM
gardenvalley
• • •
p.1 #9 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Lasse, be advised, the one you are looking at is the version without the anti-rotation feature. IMO it is better to spring for the Rapid version which does have this facility. The Feisol site is a little confusing in this respect, however I`m sure they would make an exchange if required but it`s better to get the right one straight away.

Aug 04, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Feisol Traveler Tripod CT-3441S Rapid + Markins Q3 ?

Thanks again. I will order from the Europe site. They only have the Rapid version

Aug 04, 2012 at 10:53 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password