Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · / FPJ / Dishes

neighbourboy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · / FPJ / Dishes

Just a very short little story from yesterday.

Always open to hear your thoughts, good or bad.
--David

Aug 03, 2012 at 01:36 AM
Josh Evilsizor
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · / FPJ / Dishes

love em!

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:34 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · / FPJ / Dishes

one of my favorites from you, david! i like your involvement in the photos. as you know, i think this is one of the principles of good FPJ. the photographer should be involved. if you think about this from a true photojournalist's standpoint, this is especially true. take a protest on the street. the very best images come from being immersed in the action. as an FPJer, we have unlimited access to our subjects.

you do this so well! you are clearly involved in your children's lives. you are always a part of your photos...even when you are not in them.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:20 PM
liamh
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · / FPJ / Dishes

I like these. Good visual storytelling.

Aug 03, 2012 at 02:11 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · / FPJ / Dishes

Love 2A, and her expressions in 1b and 1c are priceless!

Did you trigger these remotely or have someone click for you? I'd love to try to get in more shots myself....

Aug 03, 2012 at 02:18 PM

neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · / FPJ / Dishes

Thanks very much guys. I appreciate all the comments.

benee wrote:
Did you trigger these remotely or have someone click for you? I'd love to try to get in more shots myself....

Ben, the first one I was just holding the camera over my head with my left hand and guessing at aim and focus.

For the others, I used the little infrared remote (RC-1) and you can set it to have a couple second delay, so that you can get the remote out of the picture.

Some other options for doing this would be to connect up a laptop and have it trigger the camera every couple of seconds using software like this - http://www.granitebaysoftware.com/ I've used this program before, for time lapse and it worked great.

Or you could use something like Canon's TC 80N3 (or the cheaper knock offs) to trigger every couple of seconds.

I don't have the TC 80N3, or its equivalent, and I was too lazy to setup the laptop for this, so that's why I just used the little infrared remote.

--David

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:12 PM
qwyjibo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · / FPJ / Dishes

Very well done, cute story. This harder to do than it looks, and you made it look easy.
Dave

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:38 PM
misternikko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · / FPJ / Dishes

dude these are awesme. you are getting more and more creative with your photos. I am DIGGIN it. She is going to love these when she is older lol. has she expressed any interest in photography?

The tippy toe one is my favorite from this set. Just awesome.

Howd you do that? arent u the guy with her? forgive me if not lol

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:45 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · / FPJ / Dishes

Thanks again guys,

Nikko, yeah that's me, I was just using an infrared remote, scroll up a bit if you want a little more info. As far as interest in photography, so far her interests consist of Strawberry shortcake, Jello and going to the park ;-) But I'll keep my hopes up for the future.

--David

Aug 03, 2012 at 05:03 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · / FPJ / Dishes

I am hoping to see more!

Aug 04, 2012 at 02:54 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password