New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Carol in bra and panties

y2keg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Carol in bra and panties

Haven't posted to FM in a very long time and this is my first time posting to the People Photography forum.

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts on these images of Carol lounging on a hammock.

A few more images and a little back story can be found here and here.

Aug 02, 2012 at 03:19 PM
H1AlphaGuy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Carol in bra and panties

Very well done composition, beautiful series of pics. I like the narrow depth of field, lighting.

Aug 02, 2012 at 08:32 PM
svetljo

[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Carol in bra and panties

nice model
a bit overexposed for my taste

and i find 2. weird :-) the left hand is like coming from nowhere or belongs to someone else

Aug 03, 2012 at 05:42 AM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Carol in bra and panties

Overexposed? Does he mean the model or the photo? Doesn't look overexposed on my monitor.

She's a beauty and I think you captured her well. Nice job.

Aug 03, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Carol in bra and panties

I love a beautiful woman as much as the next guy (or gal). These are good shots. My only problem is I see soooo much of this type of photography on here. To be honest after awhile it all starts to look the same to me.

Aug 03, 2012 at 10:19 AM
y2keg
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Carol in bra and panties

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts.

H1AlphaGuy wrote:
Very well done composition, beautiful series of pics. I like the narrow depth of field, lighting.

Thanks, H1AlphaGuy. I was going after a "light & airy" feeling.

svetljo wrote:
nice model

and i find 2. weird :-) the left hand is like coming from nowhere or belongs to someone else

Overexposed? I know that the leading edge of the hammock on some shots is a bit hot (like in 2. directly above her head) because of the proximity to the light source, but there are no blown highlights according to the software.

I see what you're saying in about the arm in 2. I hadn't noticed it until you said that. I'm alright with it. I guess you could say the same thing about the camera strap in the same image. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

ESC in KC wrote:
Overexposed? Does he mean the model or the photo? Doesn't look overexposed on my monitor.

She's a beauty and I think you captured her well. Nice job.

:-) Thanks.

Michaelparris wrote:
I love a beautiful woman as much as the next guy (or gal). These are good shots. My only problem is I see soooo much of this type of photography on here. To be honest after awhile it all starts to look the same to me.

I haven't spent much time here on FM in recent years. Sorry to bring the same old, same old. I guess I should have mentioned that Carol is a bikini model. She was looking for some new images for her portfolio. Michaelparris, what suggestions would you make to change things up for a bikini model's portfolio? I thought 6. was a unique take on the standard "head shot." I also thought taking bra and panties outdoors was a twist, instead of a bikini poolside (we did that too). Maybe I should back up a bit and ask what you meant by "this type of photography"? Anyway, I appreciate your having taken the time to share your thoughts.

Cheers,
Alex

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:05 PM
derry1
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Carol in bra and panties

very nice work,,

I had to wipe my monitor off to see them better,,

Derry

Aug 03, 2012 at 03:39 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Carol in bra and panties

Love the balanced compos on 2 and 5.
1 - Gives me a bit of vertigo, and the hand is a touch distracting.
3 - Consider cropping square to just above her butt.
6 - Consider toning down the light on her hair so as not to compete with her face.

Aug 03, 2012 at 07:57 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Carol in bra and panties

y2keg wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts.

Thanks, H1AlphaGuy. I was going after a "light & airy" feeling.

Overexposed? I know that the leading edge of the hammock on some shots is a bit hot (like in 2. directly above her head) because of the proximity to the light source, but there are no blown highlights according to the software.

I see what you're saying in about the arm in 2. I hadn't noticed it until you said that. I'm alright with it. I guess you could say the same thing about the
...Show more
If she is a bikini model why the emphasis on the face? Why such shallow DOF? By this type of photography i mean: Good looking girl - check......skimpy outfit - check...... somewhat seductive pose - check.....take picture of her upside down - check...... Don't get me wrong they are very good photographs, just not the most original.

Aug 04, 2012 at 12:51 AM
no_surrender
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Carol in bra and panties

Michaelparris wrote:
If she is a bikini model why the emphasis on the face? Why such shallow DOF? By this type of photography i mean: Good looking girl - check......skimpy outfit - check...... somewhat seductive pose - check.....take picture of her upside down - check...... Don't get me wrong they are very good photographs, just not the most original.

I was thinking the same. Shoot wide open on every shot, check.

Edit: I'm a bit tipsy and feel like Mario just ate the midget mushroom.

Edited on Aug 17, 2012 at 09:16 PM · View previous versions

Aug 04, 2012 at 06:40 AM
y2keg
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Carol in bra and panties

@derry1 Thanks.

@jfinite:
1- I can see why you'd say that--point taken.
3 - I like that suggestion--thanks.
6 - I see that, thanks.

@Michaelparris:
- If she is a bikini model why the emphasis on the face? She's a person and I was shooting for free, so I shot what I wanted.
- Why such shallow DOF? Why not? It's an aesthetic I was after in this particular shoot and I feel I pulled off what I wanted. It is clear to everyone that Carol has an amazing body and it didn't need to be in sharp focus to communicate that to the viewers. I should add that she had no images like these in her portfolio and she was extremely pleased with the results of the shoot.

A bikini model is going to be a good looking girl, in somewhat seductive poses, wearing skimpy outfits. I guess it would be original for a bikini model to be a plain-looking, forlorn girl in an overcoat. I guess, Michael, we're arriving at a conclusion that, when photographing bikini models, some things are somewhat the nature of the beast. I'll try to mix things up next time and not to shoot so many playful upside-down shots. I'll also try to choose a non-bikini model for my next post. Again, I appreciate your having taken the time to share your thoughts.

@no_surrender Sounds like you're having too much fun.

Aug 04, 2012 at 11:01 AM
svetljo

[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Carol in bra and panties

:-) i said a bit overexposed for my taste
actually both the model and the background
(so once again, maybe just my taste if the software tells you all is all-right )

what strap, haven't noticed a strap ;-)

Aug 04, 2012 at 12:31 PM
JeffG
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Carol in bra and panties

svetljo wrote:
nice model

using a color managed web browser? pretty much firefox and safari are it. if using chrome/ie/whatever they will look blown.

Aug 04, 2012 at 08:23 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Carol in bra and panties

y2keg wrote:
@derry1 Thanks.

@jfinite:
1- I can see why you'd say that--point taken.
3 - I like that suggestion--thanks.
6 - I see that, thanks.

@Michaelparris:
- If she is a bikini model why the emphasis on the face? She's a person and I was shooting for free, so I shot what I wanted.
- Why such shallow DOF? Why not? It's an aesthetic I was after in this particular shoot and I feel I pulled off what I wanted. It is clear to everyone that Carol has an amazing body and it didn't need to be in sharp focus to communicate that to the viewers. I
...Show more
I think you are missing my point.....Also why such shallow DOF if you are trying to emphasize the bikini

Aug 04, 2012 at 09:40 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Carol in bra and panties

No critique here, just curious to know who owns the old Retina she's holding in #2? I'm sorta partial to Retinas.

Kenny

Aug 06, 2012 at 03:33 PM
y2keg
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Carol in bra and panties

Kenj8246 wrote:
No critique here, just curious to know who owns the old Retina she's holding in #2? I'm sorta partial to Retinas.

Kenny

Good eye, Kenny. The Retina automatic III is mine. It belonged to my late grandfather. I collect old cameras.

Cheers,
Alex

Aug 06, 2012 at 06:50 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Carol in bra and panties

y2keg wrote:
...I collect old cameras.

Cheers,
Alex

I seem to be doing that also. In spite of trying to tell myself "you do NOT need another folder".

Kenny

Aug 07, 2012 at 11:00 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.