Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

I have 4 BXRI 500 lights and I love the built-in skyport but would like to add the increased WS range 9ws to 600ws of the 600. However, it appears that it does not have the built-in skyport though the description on the website says it has wireless control.

Aug 02, 2012 at 01:41 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
p.1 #2 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

The RX series came long before the BX/RI series and therefore did not include a wireless receiver. In order to use your Skyport transmitter with an RX strobe you will need this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/505379-REG/Elinchrom_EL_19353_EL_Skyport_Transceiver_RX.html

I suspect when they update their RX line it will include the receiver.

Aug 03, 2012 at 01:54 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

Thanks Gregg, that's what I determined later. I thought I had read somewhere an article about the 600rx where they implied it had the built-in skyport. Right now, it seems very expensive for what you get. I was interested because of the additional low end range mainly but after reading the specs again, apparently it doesn't go quite as low as I wanted. 18ws, not 9ws. I guess I was thinking of the Einstein when I wrote 9ws.

Aug 03, 2012 at 02:07 AM
Mark Astmann

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

The RX line is Elinchrom's top of the line. It offers the fastest recycle times, shortest flash duration and at least a 6 stop power range. In addition, these units offer a more rugged construction construction to withstands the vigor's of being shipped around the world. Also, currently Elinchrom's RX line of products (Compacts, Rangers, Digital Packs) are the only ones that can remote seen and controlled by a Mac or PC with the RX USB Transceiver or by using Elinchrom's Skyport WiFi which allows you to see and control your RX's with an iPad, iPhone or iTouch.
Still, the BXRi's have allot to offer and if you don't need these extra features you might find just purchasing a BXRi 250 to be a better investment as a hair light or help separate the background. It goes from 16-250 ws. and sells for a fraction of the the cost of either the Style RX 300 or RX 600.

Mark Astmann
Product Lighting Manager
Manfrotto Distribution USA

Aug 06, 2012 at 02:35 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

if only the d-lites or rx had built-in skyport. One of the reasons i switched from alien bees is that I got tired of worrying about carrying the receivers...

Aug 06, 2012 at 10:40 PM
BeautyByDivine

p.1 #6 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

jzucker wrote:
if only the d-lites or rx had built-in skyport. One of the reasons i switched from alien bees is that I got tired of worrying about carrying the receivers...

The newer D-Lites have the skyport built in.

Here's a link
http://www.adorama.com/EL20484K.html

Aug 08, 2012 at 05:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

phuang3
• • •
p.1 #7 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

In addition, D-lites, BXRi supports skyport remote triggering function only. On the other hand, RX , FX master (Rangers? Digital Packs?) can additionally support remote power control which I think is very useful for studio work.

Aug 09, 2012 at 07:33 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

not true phuang3. Bxri supports remote power control, d-lite does not.

Aug 09, 2012 at 11:45 AM
phuang3
• • •
p.1 #9 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

jzucker,

Sorry, I was referring to the computer remote function. I forgot you can still control the power from the skyport transmitter.

Aug 09, 2012 at 01:59 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

n/p Phuang. Just wanted to clarify. I actually don't have too much interest in controlling the flash units from my computer at this point though I could see the advantage in a large studio.

Aug 09, 2012 at 02:09 PM
phuang3
• • •
p.1 #11 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

The BXRi is a great product. Unfortunately, Elinchrom decided to disable the computer remote feature.

Aug 09, 2012 at 02:20 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Confused about Elinchrom 600RX

my complaint with the Bxri 500 is that it doesn't get to a low enough ws power. I wish there was a switch or something to take it down to 9ws like the einstein. They should consider that feature because that is the one area that the einstein really shines by comparison. In all other ways, the elinchrom is superior IMO.

Aug 09, 2012 at 02:23 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password