New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Portrait.....

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portrait.....

D700 / 80-200 push pull.......old school (the lens that is).

Thanks for looking

Iron sharpens iron

Aug 02, 2012 at 01:13 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait.....

Hi Micheal, I think it's a very nice picture. I like the nice even light on her, how she stands out nicely with the light clothes and the repeating pattern of the stairs. The only thing I'm not super big on, is her expression. I can't quite explain it, it's sorta between a smile and a frown or something.

Out of curiosity, is the dark area to our left her shadow? It doesn't seem like the light would be hard enough to create that dark of a shadow and at the edges it kinda looks more like a stain, but the general shape looks like a shadow. It's kinda interesting and I actually stared at it for a long time, trying to figure it out - which of course is a good thing :-)

--David

Aug 02, 2012 at 06:46 PM
benee
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait.....

I like the sepia tone here (normally not a fan of sepia, but i think it works here). As David said, the pattern on the stairs works too. I wonder if the light on her could be a little softer and not as prominet on the right side of the frame. probably hard to get the light much closer to her on the stairs, but its a thought! Nice shot.

Aug 02, 2012 at 08:52 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portrait.....

neighbourboy wrote:
Hi Micheal, I think it's a very nice picture. I like the nice even light on her, how she stands out nicely with the light clothes and the repeating pattern of the stairs. The only thing I'm not super big on, is her expression. I can't quite explain it, it's sorta between a smile and a frown or something.

Out of curiosity, is the dark area to our left her shadow? It doesn't seem like the light would be hard enough to create that dark of a shadow and at the edges it kinda looks more like a stain, but the
...Show more

Light fall-off/shadow from softbox....I punched it up a bit in photoshop. Thanks for the comments.

Aug 03, 2012 at 12:09 AM
ESC in KC
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Portrait.....

I like the technical aspects of the photo. She looks pleasant enough in the expression, but lacking any kind of emotion, personality or connection with the camera.

Aug 03, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Portrait.....

ESC in KC wrote:
I like the technical aspects of the photo. She looks pleasant enough in the expression, but lacking any kind of emotion, personality or connection with the camera.

O.K.

Aug 03, 2012 at 10:33 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.