Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Begging Toddler (Africa)

Mark Metternich
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Begging Toddler (Africa)

Not very often am I confronted with infants or toddlers begging me for their very survival. A while back, in Kampala, Uganda on the streets this very thing happened and I will never be the same. I know many will avoid the image because it is either negative, or it confronts them or it is just not their cup of tea but the content is powerful (at least in my own life and the life of my wife). We will always be involved in helping the forgotten people of this world. But I believe it a very great privilege to have such a burning meaningful purpose!

Please don't critique the image too harshly based on its post production. I just did a very quick job on it. Maybe look at the content and see if it is compelling.

Aside from landscape as a profession (teaching, and selling) my deeper desire is to do this type of humanitarian work. In fact, I will be doing an exhibition pretty soon of some of my Africa work to raise funds to help our work in Masaka Uganda, where we have nearly 2000 orphaned kids going to school (non profit) via helping support our greatest friend in the world, Osborn Muyanja, who heads the work.

I hope to be back sooner than later and hopefully by next summer.

Thanks for looking.

Nikon D3 (Yes I shoot Nikon too! )
f/9
1/200
ISO200
28-70@70

Aug 02, 2012 at 03:48 AM
douter
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Begging Toddler (Africa)

Mark:
The vignette kind of spoils the mood of the photo to my eye. This is unfortunately, not a compelling shot to me, perhaps it is his expression or other than his nasal secretion he looks to be rather well cared for.
Douglas

Aug 02, 2012 at 12:06 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password