Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Foliage Frenzy

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Foliage Frenzy

Moving past the issue of Symmetry, I offer you Chaos!
General feedback of course, but I am especially interested in your thoughts about crop and alternatives.

Taken inside the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens

Thx
Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2012

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens    100mm    f/8.0    1/125s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 01, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Foliage Frenzy

sbeme wrote:
Moving past the issue of Symmetry, I offer you Chaos!
General feedback of course, but I am especially interested in your thoughts about crop and alternatives.

Taken inside the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens

Thx
Scott

Hi Scott,

Did you intend to leave it in 8-bit grayscale?

Alternative crop to introduce more dark areas to counterbalance the hi density foliage to center and right.

What does the color version look like?

regards,

Bob

Aug 02, 2012 at 02:18 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Foliage Frenzy

My eyes! MY EYES!!!

Aug 02, 2012 at 05:32 AM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Foliage Frenzy

I agree with AuntiPode, the contrast is a bit much. I wonder if the color version might be a bit easier on the eyes and maybe more interesting.

Tha chaos is also a bit much. There is clearly no hint of a center of interest and in fact I just don't find the images retain my interest. Different images or different crops of the same images are not likely to do much in my opinion. I would suggest trying to simplify by moving in much closer or cropping much closer and that would create the possibility of simpler shapes and compositions.

Obviously I am expressing matters of taste and personal preference so take that for what it might be worth.

Aug 02, 2012 at 03:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Foliage Frenzy

I like the patterns a lot. I like the contrast, but it's visually relentless. My poor eyes would like a place to rest.

Aug 02, 2012 at 10:05 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Foliage Frenzy

AuntiPode wrote:
I like the patterns a lot. I like the contrast, but it's visually relentless. My poor eyes would like a place to rest.

Good. My intent. Except for the need to rest your eyes.
I wanted something powerful, intense, and relentless is a good word.

Scott

Aug 02, 2012 at 11:07 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Foliage Frenzy

Camperjim wrote:
I agree with AuntiPode, the contrast is a bit much. I wonder if the color version might be a bit easier on the eyes and maybe more interesting.

Tha chaos is also a bit much. There is clearly no hint of a center of interest and in fact I just don't find the images retain my interest. Different images or different crops of the same images are not likely to do much in my opinion. I would suggest trying to simplify by moving in much closer or cropping much closer and that would create the possibility of simpler shapes and compositions.

Obviously
...Show more

Yep. Quite a bit much and in a way a key question is how well this works without a center of interest, predominantly by flooding the viewer with visual intensity.

Scott

Aug 02, 2012 at 11:08 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password