Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · D800 not working at all

Dreamliner
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · D800 not working at all

Hello to all!
I need your help urgently! A friend gave me his D800 to test it for a couple of days. Today the camera has suddenly stopped working. I mean not working at all. Totally dead. At first I thought it was the battery which was at the last level. However the camera still doesn't work after the charging of the battery. This happens for the first time in my long experience of testing cameras. Any ideas how can I possibly bring it back to life?

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:32 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · D800 not working at all

I don't know if there's a reset or not on the camera. Will have to look.

Anyway, no need to panic, hopefully the camera was bought properly and carries the full one-year warranty, or whatever the warranty is in Greece. Contact Nikon Repair.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:48 PM
OO7MIKE
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · D800 not working at all

I will assume that not working at all means:

- The LCD's on the top or back do not come on after flipping the switch to "on"

Try swapping out for another battery does not work (visit your local camera shop if you don't have a spare as the battery may be defective)

Try putting in a different CF card. Some corrupted CF cards will lock up or freeze a camera.

If you have a grip on, try using AA batteries or take the grip off for a power cycle.

Take the battery out and leave it out for about an hour. Put it back in and give it a try.

The worse this situation can get is that your friend will need to do a warranty repair. He may ask you to help chip in for shipping but beyond that it just sucks to be without a camera for a while.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:56 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password