Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Glue for 5D mirror

Silentlight
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Glue for 5D mirror

Canon wants over $200 to glue my 5D mirror back on. I am going to take my camera back and do it myself. What kind of glue do you guys recommend?

Pondering if I should shave it too while it's out to make it work better with my FL 55/1.2.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:29 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Glue for 5D mirror

If your mirror fell out it is covered under the general recall they issued on all Canon 5D's years ago. I just picked up a used spare for my wife 2 weeks and ago and as they always have they reglued the mirror at no cost even though it had not fallen out yet. They also install additional metal support braces. Why would they want to charge you to do this? Is the camera modified such as a shaved mirror or something like that.

Dave

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:32 PM
MarkJones
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Glue for 5D mirror

My brother in law has a 5d and the mirror fell off. It was replaced FOC by Canon UK.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:40 PM
Silentlight
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Glue for 5D mirror

Thanks guys. I just called Canon and after some waiting they acknowledged it was a mistake on their behalf and they will fix it for free.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:45 PM
ZoneV
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Glue for 5D mirror

I took a kind of slow super glue. I know this is not recommended by all because of the solvents used.
With this super glue I glued a 100% silver mirror inside the EOS 5D instead of this 60% normal mirror.

Aug 01, 2012 at 10:28 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password